Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration at 2000rpm

toyota al

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem with toyota auris 1.4 d4d 2008

Have vibration when I am stop with Engine On and when I am driving with different gears after I pass 2000 rpm to 2200 rpm. I have changed clutch kit but is the same. 

When I am stopped press the acceleration pedal the Engine work ok. Only at stop 800 rpm I feel a vibration on steering wheel and inside the car is too noise,  but outside the Engine work ok.

The garage tell me that are Engine Mounting that give this vibration. But it seems ok on car. 

thumb?id=11437097&m=1&n=0&lng=en&ccf=940thumb?id=12222884&m=1&n=1&lng=en&ccf=940

It so expensive to change all four, but the car when start or turn off the engine not give a vibration.

Did anyone have tried to change this?

Split into new topic and moved to the Auris club. 

With the engine off, grab the top of the engine with both hands and try to rock it back and forward.

There should be no or little movement.

This will test the engine mountings.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have this same problem, someone suggested it could be the gearbox mounts or the rubber on the mounts worn 

• 1 year later...

Engine mount problems are noticeable when idle,  the car stop and put it on gear not neutral.  you also can feel it when changing gears from reverse to front, and viceversa.  You do not feel it much during normal cruise speed. When it is really bad, you may hear dribble noise everytime hitting bumps. 

• 1 month later...

Have the same problem on my Auris 1.4d4d 2010. When car hits between 1800 + 2000 rpm bad/loud vibration

can be felt & heard in the cabin. Anyone get this resolved? Cheers

• 5 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:02 PM, franse21 said:

Have the same problem on my Auris 1.4d4d 2010. When car hits between 1800 + 2000 rpm bad/loud vibration

can be felt & heard in the cabin. Anyone get this resolved? Cheers

it is hard to tell if you do not compare it with other exact same car (engine too).  Some cars has more vibration than other especially diesel with load at around 2000 rpm. It is considered to be normal like most TDI.  in gasoline car, the vibration is at max about 3000 rpm.

Toyota auris all engines variants has that issue like a birth defect and the engine mount shown on the op writing has been reworked in 2012 and has additional vibrations dampener attached to it, this is usually happen when engineers found issues with the original part and where complete redesign it’s not financially feasible or for some other reasons. Unfortunately that did not fixed entirely the problem and even some gen 2 aurises  suffer from bad vibrations. The question is is it really from that engine mount or perhaps something else?! For each case needs to be checked separately. Sometimes that type of engine mounts even not broken rubber can loose some of its strength and not able to dampen the vibrations, add the worn out dual mass flywheel or clutch springs and we have bad vibrations case. 

I doubt any engine mount go bad in hybrid because no big movement from D R and N unlike regular car. The engine sits constantly at the same position. In R, hybrid only use MG2 and the engine does not rock back and forth from R to D.  

The side gel filled engine mount go bad in Corolla and Auris non hybrid. It is a commom problem but not in hybrid. No one in Prius forum mentioned about engine mounts unless the road is full of potholes 

8 hours ago, AisinW said:

I doubt any engine mount go bad in hybrid because no big movement from D R and N unlike regular car. The engine sits constantly at the same position. In R, hybrid only use MG2 and the engine does not rock back and forth from R to D.  

The side gel filled engine mount go bad in Corolla and Auris non hybrid. It is a commom problem but not in hybrid. No one in Prius forum mentioned about engine mounts unless the road is full of potholes 

They do go bad in hybrids too, perhaps not as much as in any other car but the engine also rocks not when changing gears but when the car moves, rocks exactly the same. I have done tests myself looking into the issues on two Auris hybrids and I know how engine rocks when the car moves forward or reverse, plus the road conditions, salt , water, etc, . The biggest kill for engine mounts are the hard acceleration and shift shocks, no gears in hybrids but if you push it hard often you can get bad mounts easily.👍 Here I have short video that shows the transmission mount how it moves when trying to drive forward and reverse and when idle the engine and rise rpm. 👌

I could imagine it happening in mine - When stationary and running that 1.5 3-pot to charge the traction Battery, you can feel the engine vibration throughout the car! The whole thing also has a very pronounced CLUNK that you can feel when it switches to stationary charging.

Thanks for the clarification but I could not see the video.  Yes, it still move at certain range but much less than non hybrid.  But I agree, the main cause of bad engine mounts is bad road, suden acceleration, and bad shock adsorber.  However, it is indeed very rare to have a  hybrid engine mount go bad

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

I could imagine it happening in mine - When stationary and running that 1.5 3-pot to charge the traction battery, you can feel the engine vibration throughout the car! The whole thing also has a very pronounced CLUNK that you can feel when it switches to stationary charging.

Check the rear engine mount near the exhaust and the right side. The front and the left/transmission mount are rarely go bad.