Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waiting for Catloc

Bob110023

Hi everyone.

The Catloc situation is still no better. I ordered mine back in September 2019 at my local Toyota dealership. My car has been booked in for fitting three times and each time the appointment has been cancelled the day before by Toyota advising me that the part has not arrived. They have now decided that they will phone me when the part arrives. Will not be holding my breath.☹️

Anyone else still waiting.😡

Anyone with experience with these alternatives on eBay? Seem them range from £37 to £180 ish. Some look like plates just bolted on, won’t they be off in a jiffy.

16 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Anyone with experience with these alternatives on eBay? Seem them range from £37 to £180 ish. Some look like plates just bolted on, won’t they be off in a jiffy.

I have bought this one for £28. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Auris-Estate-Touring-Catalytic-Converter-Anti-Theft-Protection-Cover/283676952374?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144&autorefresh=true

It arrived quickly and is galvanised. I decided to have 16mm diameter steel bars welded along the 2 long sides to try to make it harder/take longer to cut through. It is bolted to the car by the existing black brackets as shown in the photos.

I'm sure that any cat cover could be unbolted/ cut through. You just hope it's a deterrent  or takes a bit longer, so they move on to one with no cover.

I had to have it adjusted as it was rattling against the cat. Now silent!

James.

• Like 1

Yes, I bought from the same guy two of this but for Auris gen 1, they are exactly the same as for Prius 2009-2016 gen3, if anyone interested. Auris gen 1 and Gen 2 are different cars. I am waiting also a security lock bolts to try to fit just in case because the 3 bolts can be undone in no time, don’t even need to cut it. Cutting a larger surface will take few more minutes an    will make a lots of noise so I hope that will deter the thieves.

BC84B9A7-00AB-49D0-84E2-40E4DB4AC4BA.thumb.jpeg.110e496751e7b37fcd0dae68ac052b2b.jpeg

AEFF58E9-331B-4917-AF17-3C1B8D023511.jpeg

FB257420-0F95-4176-B003-561A219A20C9.jpeg
I will highly recommend anyone who owns an Auris gen 1 hybrid or 1.6 petrol to get one of those and fit it to its car, it is so easy without cover to get the catalytic converter off the car, not that the cover will stop them but will make things little bit longer hopefully enough to prevent been stolen. For 1.3 and 1.4 diesel no need as the cats are on the front and no access under the car.