Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

cd player

nickcelica

Does anyone have the instruction manual for the celica 1999-2006 cd head unit - 58806 ?  I'm trying to find outwhat the trip/navi button does ?

navi is the navigation, trip is the trip display

im looking now for the manual

Edit. the part number is 86120-42061, its common to the MR2, Celica and Rav4 (Panasonic/Matsu****a CQ-TT3070AA)

• Like 1

The Navi is a optional turn by turn system, that is 20 plus years old now, multiple presses of the trip displays the trip info, press and hold to reset

• Like 1

thank you for replying. when I press on the trip/navi button nothing happens though. Flash 22, you mentioned it 's optional. what does that mean? Did you find the manual ? All the celica manuals ive looked at don't have that exact cd player. It's really frustrating. 

On 11/22/2014 at 10:17 AM, Gogz said:

Yeah even if there's no changer, the two wires coming from it should link into the main plug somewhere as IIRC it links the internal amp and display via the databus. Do you have the install instructions if not pm me and I'll send on? I'm not sure how it'd work in a gen 6 but in the gen 7 red/blk went to the reverse line in the centre jb and purple white was the speed sensor.connector at top of central jb.

If you have a look at the diagram below you'll see that those two wires (TX+ &-) coming from the cd changer port CN702 need to connect with the CN700 Tx wires. This allows the separate elements to communicate. This diagram proved very useful for me when building an adaptor harness for one of those xcarlink things so I can confirm it is accurate.

If you can get the display up and running first by getting these 2 wires into the game, then you can concentrate on getting your sat nav running. I've just recently done mine in a gen 7 so have a tonne of info if you need it. Addionally, that silver box, is your TMC module.

edit:

I just realised you've got no 18 pin connector, this might prove a problem for you, you'll definitely need some of these connections. Not sure which though I'd imagine +12V, switched 12v, ILL+ TX+ and TX-, ground are essential.

post-83618-0-61794700-1375618553.jpg

does anyone have a manual for this. I'm trying to get the sat nav to work but I've no ide where to start. I've tried pressing the trip/navi button but nothing happens. 

It was an option, in other words, the original owner had to pay for it to be installed, if it was not paid for you didnt get it. The head unit is the same, hence having a navi button, most likely the navi box is not installed. It was a very poor turn by turn system, not even worth installing if you could find one 

From what I can see it was a £7-900 option. Service manuals not an issue, but I can't find the owners manual - usually it's the other way around

PZ445-E9330-00 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Avensis-satnav-route-guidance-ecu-PZ445-E9330-00-/193246341418

You also had the options for the TNS200/310 - cd/dvd base system (Under the passenger seat)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links