Do Not Sell My Personal Information

x-connect - possible upgrades?

mbirth

I've just received my new Aygo x-clusiv Style Selection which has the "x-connect" System (with CarPlay and Android Auto). It doesn't have DAB or built-in navigation. Both were also not available as options when ordering.

Model ID: 18PPDAEU-EA00
Hard No: 86140-YV010

However, the manual suggests that both features are possible with this unit. Also eBay lists some 86140-YV010 devices as "NAVI" units. Does anybody know, if/how this unit can be upgraded?

Also, I've looked for possible software updates on the toyota-tech.eu site but even with my VIN I only get an update for a 13TPDAEU-EA01 unit, not for the 18PPDAEU-EA00 in my car. Does anybody know where to get software updates?

The X-touch multimedia system with smartphone integration (what you call X-connect) isn't compatible with the previous X-nav navigation system (which is now no longer available as an option).

Instead you should be able to connect your smartphone (Apple or Android) via a cable and mirror/use a sat nav app such as Waze, Android Auto, etc.

As your car is new, it should have the latest software update. Usually any software update can be done by a dealer.

• Like 1

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for the info. So this is a newer unit where they've nixed DAB and navigation?

Also since there's a big "Software Update" menu I was hoping I could update the unit myself (in the future).

Wasn't aware that DAB had been dropped, but certainly having Apple Carplay/Android Auto has made the previous X-nav module (sat nav) redundant.

Older X-touch units cannot be upgraded to the new spec.

On 1/25/2020 at 3:27 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Wasn't aware that DAB had been dropped

I found out that there's another model 86140-YV020 that includes DAB radio.