Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

[DIY] Cruise control install (Europe)

FPSUsername

I have an European Yaris 2016 model without cruise control. On AliExpress I found part 84632-08021, which is the cruise control module for the 2015-2016 Yaris.

I assembled it, but it doesn't turn on. At first I checked if the module was being recognized by going into service mode (press the music button and turn on/off the lights 3 times). All the buttons are registering, except the cruise control module. This made me think that I missed the additional wires for the ground and ECM, but those are already connected. I didn't check if pin 40 is free on the ECM as I couldn't undo the connector.

As you can see in the pics below, I have quite a few more connected cables in the connector compared to guides from other people (with different yaris or prius cars).

https://imgur.com/a/UarzCik

I was thinking of getting a mini VCI and check it that way using techstream, but I'm not sure if this is the correct next step. What could be the problem and how can I fix this?

hRDhvxo.jpg

JQnN5WD.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:07 PM, G6-R said:

here's a lot of told over de Cruisecontrole DIY

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

I already checked that forum and I can't really find anything useful there regarding the cruisecontrol.

I've read on this forum that somebody posted (in 2018) that the 1.0L engine models won't work with the cruise control, but there's no source or other information to back that up. I have the 1.0L engine.

If you're referring to Devon Aygo's post in the following topic - 

- a) Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer, and b) it is referring to a second generation Yaris (2006-2011). Yours will be a third generation (2011-2020).

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If you're referring to Devon Aygo's post in the following topic - 

- a) Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer, and b) it is referring to a second generation Yaris (2006-2011). Yours will be a third generation (2011-2020).

No, I found it. here. I am not sure where the "nor is it available for the 1L versions" comes from, but if he means that all the 1L versions aren't programmed for CC (not only EU models), then I believe I should buy a mini VCI cable (like this one) and program it using Techstream, correct?

It all depends on the model spec, looking at the brochure for 15/16 it only shows it as an option on the style or bi-tone

A button test via the touch2 will show nothing as the cruise is a separate system

i can pull up a diagram for the MK3 if needed

On 2/5/2020 at 6:12 PM, G6-R said:

As you can see in my picture, the wires are already present (page 9 in the PDF). The clutch button is already present as well (I have two buttons for the start stop system and engine power on)

On 2/5/2020 at 7:28 PM, flash22 said:

It all depends on the model spec, looking at the brochure for 15/16 it only shows it as an option on the style or bi-tone

A button test via the touch2 will show nothing as the cruise is a separate system

i can pull up a diagram for the MK3 if needed

The brochure won't say much, however the official manual does.
The hatchback manual shows the cruise control at page 158.
I tried the button test in the toyota touch system (the secret menu) and it doesn't register anything. That mk3 diagram would be nice. It does look like if you have a TIS account that you have access to the wiring diagrams

The sub systems are different and the way they are programmed, the user manual is just generic for all models

the touch 2 is not linked in any way to the cruise control

I have access to the information and its easily available

52 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The sub systems are different and the way they are programmed, the user manual is just generic for all models

the touch 2 is not linked in any way to the cruise control

I have access to the information and its easily available

In the touch 2 system there's a button check, but I guess it's indeed only for steering and multi media buttons.

If you do have access to the info, what do I need to get cruise control to work?

• 5 months later...

Hello,

got the same problem, someone figured out the issue?

Thank you

Mounted the cruise control into European Yaris 2017 (not Hybrid) but it's not seen by the system. 

5 minutes ago, inode said:

Mounted the cruise control into European Yaris 2017 (not Hybrid) but it's not seen by the system. 

So do you have a 2017 Yaris as per your post, or a 2018 Yaris as per your profile?

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So do you have a 2017 Yaris as per your post, or a 2018 Yaris as per your profile?

End of 2017, corrected my profile too

What engine ? Is it wired under the column Pins 1 and 2

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

What engine ? Is it wired under the column

Model name :
Yaris
Model code :
KSP130
Variant :

Engine :
1KR-FE
Transmission :
MT
Body type:
Hatchback5
Color code :
3P0

ah its the 1.0 very few came with cruise and most don't have it wired or programmed in the ecu - See the threads linked above

it will be the 12 pin black connector  pins 1 (biege) 2 (Brown) (later cars may have a different colour code)

Is the clutch switch fitted ?

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links