Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Collected MY2020 [UK spec] Corolla Touring 2.0 Excel (Sapphire Black)

superclarkey

Just gone to view my new Corolla 2.0ltr Hybrid Touring Excel.  

it has Apple car play, electric tailgate and to my surprise now full leather seats!  Look very smart.

has the chrome add on bits on front bumper, sides and top of rear bumper.  

looks great in solid black imho 🙂

hope you don’t mind me sharing, as I was looking for photos before ordering I struggled to find many of UK spec.

F121F73C-3D93-4C01-A8C8-44A02DCB7612.jpeg

3DD52500-80A9-42E7-8D2E-AF42E48DACBA.jpeg

36ECD2A6-BE4B-47AE-8A1E-580210F0CF84.jpeg

6C9428DF-22B6-45FC-905A-47FD6C003F9F.jpeg

558E8749-C410-4005-9EEC-0312272E913A.jpeg

• Like 1

You paying so you pick the car........  I loathe black cars, bottom of my purchase list. Maybe top of yours, thats ok.

You paying so you pick the car........  I loathe black cars, bottom of my purchase list. Maybe top of yours, thats ok.
Haha [emoji23]

Must admit, like like the style of the estate better then the hatch, but thats how i viewed the Auris before as well.

Must admit, like like the style of the estate better then the hatch, but thats how i viewed the Auris before as well.
You couldn't help yourself in the end, a positive comment came out [emoji23]
  • Haha 1

Very nice! Not in Worcester by any chance? Looks familiar. 

1 hour ago, superclarkey said:

it has apple car play, electric tailgate and to my surprise now full leather seats!  Look very smart.

hope you don’t mind me sharing, as I was looking for photos before ordering I struggled to find many of UK spec.

Picked up mine last week, the red really pops in the sun (when it's out!). Was really pleased with the full leather seats too. Happy days. 

20200126_150123.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Tbh, all the colour choices where terrible, wanted a gun metal grey or a dark blue.  We originally ordered in red but when we saw it in person didn’t like it at all, looked super bright in the sun and dull as hell in normal uk weather lol

so black was the “whatever” colour lol 

first time i’ve ordered a black car.

But looks ok in the end, luckily I don’t have to look at it while driving it...

• Like 1

Oh and yeah from Worcester.  Didn’t care for waiting out for a 20 plate, won’t sell it, just run it until it dies or I can’t fix it anymore lol

• Like 1

We had a Range Rover Evoque HSE originally in this colour, would have liked something like this on the new car, black is always my last choice. (Sold the Range Rover as it was unreliable and I didn’t like driving it) 

this is my wife's replacement car, but I will be driving it allot also... she picked the Evoque last time, I picked this car lol

2F5DCE6D-D117-4417-8A04-543DB9514084.jpeg

Hi R       KNow what you mean about colours, a manufacturer brings out a nice range of colours, then whoosh, they gone replaced by some drab ones.    I have more then a few silver ones, mainly because they look cleaner for longer.  But I got fed u with silver, so when i was looking for a used Prius Gen4 i wanted the Hypersonic Red, was in all the brochures, but I wanted leather seats and JBL sound system. All this meant I was looking for a used Excell model.....but they were 17" wheels as standard and I wanted the 15: which were an option.  Really narrowed the chance of finding one.  I did, but it was at a dealer 100 miles away, so 200 mile round trip to see it, then a week later another 200 mile to get it.  Well worth it though.

I hope you like the vehicle, all reports say it is going to be popular. 

Yeah totally agree, colour is subjective and some might love the current range of colours..

the silvers they offered either looked like primer colour or was a bit champagne goldie looking, so was a bit unsure... 

glad the black isn’t that horrid gold flick one they have in europe lol

tbf, red was the nicest of the bunch and then the sterling silver, but both where pearlescent colours which was a nightmare to paint on the Range rover so wanted to avoid a hard colour to match for when my mrs decides to drive into stuff lol

i was a bit upset at first this didn’t come with the same wheels as the hatch, but these being smaller gave a nicer ride so happy actually and they look less strange on a black car... on the red they looked a but lost in the arches...

Electric tailgate works off the key so very happy with that, going to be very practical.

got it booked in for 2 stage paint correction and SB3 Alpha ceramic coating (5year) on the bodywork, getting the glass and wheels ceramic coating too, on the 10th feb, so will post a picture once its actually shiny 😆 Then I will wash it once a month like I did the range rover 🤣 

6 hours ago, superclarkey said:

it has apple car play, electric tailgate and to my surprise now full leather seats!  Look very smart.

Looks really smart! Enjoy. I think I would have gone for the TS. It does not really look like an Estate (I had a Sierra Estate once, hated it!). Even though I test drove the HB, it was the 1.8, and I did not appreciate how little boot space would be in the 2.0, due to the 12 volt Battery in the boot and bigger HB Battery. The HB is described as a mid size family car, but so was my old SAAB, and the SAAB 93 was massive inside compared to the Corolla!. It is fine for me really, as I am single, but when I went to Devon for Christmas, even with the back seats down, the car was full, no room for a passenger. The TS gives that extra space when you need it.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

I loved the orange of my Jazz. When washed it looked fantastic and when not washed it looked pretty good as well. A very good colour for hiding the dirt :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z1pXbNybz5uK2NAx7

That hadn't been washed in at least six months (the only time my cars get washed these days is when they get serviced).

Hmm, that picture also shows how Honda avoided the ugly 'stuck up' infotainment unit that so many other marques end up with. It had other issues (too much use of touch controls and questionable software) but it shows how you can fit an infotainment unit into the centre console without it looking out of place.

One thing I have noticed when comparing the Auris to the Corolla hybrid hatch is how quickly the rear boot area gets dirty especially at this time of the year calling for a rear end clean when the rest of the car is still reasonable 🧐

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bruce e said:

One thing I have noticed when comparing the Auris to the Corolla hybrid hatch is how quickly the rear boot area gets dirty especially at this time of the year calling for a rear end clean when the rest of the car is still reasonable 🧐

Yes, I've noticed that. I've had to clean the number plate several times.

We have now collected the vehicle and its really nice to drive, the only thing that bothers me is when its idling it makes allot of noise with the RPM raised to 1300rpm, it clearly charging the Battery however if you put it into neutral it stops and quiets down.

I put the car into engineers mode to keep the engine running for a while and it does stop in the end once the batteries are charged.

Only really question for those who own this car, is there anyway of setting the cruise control to specific values, i.e if you press set when your going 32mph, it will set at 32mph, pressing + or - will add or take away 5mph but rounded to the nearest multi-able of 5.. So if I want to set the speed to 33mph I have to cancel the cruise control then get the car at that speed perfectly then press set which is really annoying.

The issue is that the car basically if you set it to 30mph kinda goes 27-31mph and just annoys people behind you, I always like to run the car so that I'm doing 29-33 mph so I'm not being a Sunday driver.  I got used to the Range Rover where the CC wouldn't move more than 1mph either way even up hills, this Corolla is dropping to 25mph then flooring it and not really maintain speed, which is really annoying to me and other drivers as it seems as though I can't maintain basic speed.

43 minutes ago, superclarkey said:

We have now collected the vehicle and its really nice to drive, the only thing that bothers me is when its idling it makes allot of noise with the RPM raised to 1300rpm, it clearly charging the battery however if you put it into neutral it stops and quiets down.

I put the car into engineers mode to keep the engine running for a while and it does stop in the end once the batteries are charged.

Only really question for those who own this car, is there anyway of setting the cruise control to specific values, i.e if you press set when your going 32mph, it will set at 32mph, pressing + or - will add or take away 5mph but rounded to the nearest multi-able of 5.. So if I want to set the speed to 33mph I have to cancel the cruise control then get the car at that speed perfectly then press set which is really annoying.

The issue is that the car basically if you set it to 30mph kinda goes 27-31mph and just annoys people behind you, I always like to run the car so that I'm doing 29-33 mph so I'm not being a Sunday driver.  I got used to the Range Rover where the CC wouldn't move more than 1mph either way even up hills, this Corolla is dropping to 25mph then flooring it and not really maintain speed, which is really annoying to me and other drivers as it seems as though I can't maintain basic speed.

I would query that with your dealer. It shouldn't be noisy. I own the 1.8 hybrid and I can't hear the engine when it's idling. You should not be putting it into neutral to stop it idling. If the engine is running it is because the car needs it to - either to charge the Battery or to provide heat for the cabin.

You will have to learn to live with the cruise control. I've never found it to wander by very much, it's actually one of the better systems I've used. It occasionally allows the car to sit at +/- 1mph for a while but that's as bad as I've seen it. Again, it sounds like you should discuss that with the dealer.

As regards people behind being impatient. I have only one response for that:

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Yes, I've noticed that. I've had to clean the number plate several times.

same but that's aerodynamics for you 😄

4 hours ago, AndrueC said:

I would query that with your dealer. It shouldn't be noisy. I own the 1.8 hybrid and I can't hear the engine when it's idling. You should not be putting it into neutral to stop it idling. If the engine is running it is because the car needs it to - either to charge the battery or to provide heat for the cabin.

You will have to learn to live with the cruise control. I've never found it to wander by very much, it's actually one of the better systems I've used. It occasionally allows the car to sit at +/- 1mph for a while but that's as bad as I've seen it. Again, it sounds like you should discuss that with the dealer.

As regards people behind being impatient. I have only one response for that:

You dont hear it because you have the Excel model. Which comes with soundproofing under the bonnet. I have the style model which doesnt have soundproofing and i can hear the engine while idling, while on the road though i can barely feel that it's on.  

5 hours ago, superclarkey said:

Yes, I find the 5mph increments a bit annoying as well - luckily I don't use cruise control much (only at 70mph) and a lot less than my last car.  It should hold the speed though.  Is the "adaptive" messing you up?  When you engage cruise control, the adaptive setting is at max and It likes to leave a huge (IMO) gap to the car in front so I set it to minimum (but not off) which I find much more suitable.

If you hold the cruise control button down for a couple of seconds, it will enter normal cruise control mode where you can set the speed in 1 mph increments. The radar assist will be deactivated though 👍

• Like 1

Nice one, Will try that next time I’m in the car.

also to the noise on idle, its sitting there charging the Battery, I asked the dealer and he said it was normal.  When you drive it is silent. 

Its like in park its “pushing” the far forwards, or better way of explaining it there is a slight load on the wheels. 

will have to make a video.

interested to hear from other 2.0ltr owners.

what the sound reminds me of is an auxiliary air pump kinda noise, my old m3 used to make it on start up...  wonder if the 2020 models have different exhaust set up (PPF)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links