Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

airbag light

tyseley1

2 day after having my steering rack changed my airbag light came on.i couldn't see anything loose and my autel ap200 scanner couldn't connect to the airbags.

i have a copy of toyota tech stream and after finaly getting it to work it has come up with a error code b1610 front airbag sensor r/h.

my question before i go to mr t is is this the sensor in the engine bay below the Battery and how hard are they the change yourself.its then either a case of new or secondhand.

any help very much appreciated.

On 1/26/2020 at 2:45 PM, tyseley1 said:

2 day after having my steering rack changed my airbag light came on.i couldn't see anything loose and my autel ap200 scanner couldn't connect to the airbags.

i have a copy of toyota tech stream and after finaly getting it to work it has come up with a error code b1610 front airbag sensor r/h.

my question before i go to mr t is is this the sensor in the engine bay below the battery and how hard are they the change yourself.its then either a case of new or secondhand.

any help very much appreciated.

i bet its the connector under drivers seat rh side had trouble w this on 2010 t27 brought it to diagnostic tech n he said connector wiring under drivers seat comes loose from sliding drivers seat up n down over time he just soldered the connection so it wouldnt come loose again check that connector first 

thanks for the replys heres a update.

so after getting a secondhand sensor and fitting it airbag light still on and code still in system,so it was off to toyota for a new sensor (£60)which was fitted to find light still on and code still in system.only one thing to do so back to toyota for them to have a look.a hour and a half later they tell me the airbag ecu wont talk to test gear so i need a new one.the test cost me £120 and now waiting for a new ecu to come from belgium at a cost of around £300.i hope that cures it as all that is left is the wiring loom!!!

Given that this is a 12 year old car and that the problem only occurred 2 days after major work was done I wouldn't be suspecting any electronic components or modules at this stage... far far more likely to be something simple and physical and related to the work that had been done. Swapping parts in hope can I'm afraid introduce more problems.

Why not return it to the garage that swapped the rack and see what they say.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links