Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 RAV 4 - Map Layout

Clint Sykes

When I press the HOME button on my 2019 RAV 4 the map layout always changes to the North view

Can I change this so that when I press the home button it ALWAYS shows the 3D view ?

Its getting frustrating always having to change the MAP LAYOUT

I’m not sure if the software update recently released changes this, but it can’t be done on the original software. 
It’s a massive bugbear of mine. That and the fact that a car that loves to beep warning tones about anything, is very relaxed about lack of fuel in the tank. 

It bugs me that the satnav map shows when you turn the car on. I want it off and only switch it on when needed. The first thing I have to do before driving off is touch the screen and send it to radio display.

• 3 weeks later...

Scotty, I had same probem with sat nav flickering in the background all the time.

Easily sorted. Just press menu, then, on screen, press display and then press screen off. This will give you a totally blank screen

The sat nav is pretty poor. I had a 2014 vauxhall insignia as a company which was rubbish, but its multi media was light years ahead of Toyota's.

One reviewer (I forget which one now) commented the RAV4's speedo and infotainment screens were reminiscent of a 1980s video game.

Having seen the Virtual dash and infotainment screen in a recent Skoda, by comparison that's not too far from the truth.  Even Ford now has some cars with screens that are vastly superior resolution, clarity and brightness to these.

That said, I'm still happier to have these than old fashioned instruments, and the Panoramic camera are wonderful even though they would be much better still on a better quality screen.

6 hours ago, PeteB said:

One reviewer (I forget which one now) commented the RAV4's speedo and infotainment screens were reminiscent of a 1980s video game.

Having seen the Virtual dash and infotainment screen in a recent Skoda, by comparison that's not too far from the truth.  Even Ford now has some cars with screens that are vastly superior resolution, clarity and brightness to these.

That said, I'm still happier to have these than old fashioned instruments, and the Panoramic camera are wonderful even though they would be much better still on a better quality screen.

Yeah, my last car wasa 2017 VW Tiguan SAE with the AID as VW call it, the updated AID is better as mine couldn't get rid of the dials, i don't mind the screen in my RAV, its the nav that i hate!