Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

VSC and TRC OFF lights staying on

davecullen6

I don't know if I just noticed this but they are staying on?? I notice another member has same problem, but my engine management light isn't on, is it worth bothering about, or is there a simple fix?

thanks

Re the VSC and TC lights staying on in my 2006 1.8 avensis, i've been looking at you tube and think I am going to try the zero point calibration trick, my problem is I need to be sure I know what numbers the CG (CHASSIS GROUND) and TS (?) pins are in the DCL/OBD port, as they seem to differ in some of the videos, does anyone have a wiring diagram or know what numbers they are?

Thanks in advance

Dave

The first thing I would check are all the brake lights working. My friend had a similar problem and it was the brake light bulbs. If the bulbs are old, they can still work, but occasionally fail to come on.

I would get the car diagnostic scanned, with a scanner that includes ABS, traction control VSC. Or, see an auto electrician. Toyota Techstream is the best diagnostic software.

The other way is to connect pins 4 and 13 then press the brake pedal 8 times within 5 seconds. image.jpeg.9bc3efd4e31c7a260885aa722cd388e3.jpeg

Be careful when prodding the OBD socket with the link, as getting it wrong can blow the fuse! I have done it myself. 

Here is a link to another post to another possible fault - 

The Yaw sensor could be a possible cause.

• Like 1

thanks for reply, will check brake lights, re the pins, every video ive seen seems to talk about TS pin, (no 12 maybe) not TC, so still confused about this?

the videos also go on about making sure car on flat because of the yaw sensor

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 5:02 PM, davecullen6 said:

I don't know if I just noticed this but they are staying on?? I notice another member has same problem, but my engine management light isn't on, is it worth bothering about, or is there a simple fix?

thanks

now the ABS light has come on as well, I think I will bite the bullet and ask Toyota garage to do a diagnostic check, if it is the yaw sensor theres a seller on eBay does reconditioned ones with a 12 month guarantee for £100, presumably that will be cheaper that a new one, will keep you all posted, wish it had just been the tail lights!

just thought I would try the recalibration trick with the paper clips, didn't work at all, warning lights didn't flash or anything, ABS light on and off intermittently now, took it to a local garage for a diagnosis as third of Toyota price, but it kept "booting their diagnostic machine out" whatever that means, didn't charge me tho, will go to Toyota after my hols, such a pain with MOT getting close

1 hour ago, davecullen6 said:

just thought I would try the recalibration trick with the paper clips, didn't work at all, warning lights didn't flash or anything, ABS light on and off intermittently now, took it to a local garage for a diagnosis as third of Toyota price, but it kept "booting their diagnostic machine out" whatever that means, didn't charge me tho, will go to Toyota after my hols, such a pain with MOT getting close

I suspect the OBD fuse may have blown. I had a similar issue that none of my diagnostic kits could connect to the car. This was after trying to use the jumper method. I think I shorted the OBD. The car idled at very low rpm. Once I replaced the fuse everything was fine. This was for my T27.

• 3 weeks later...

where is that fuse located please, is it the box inside car?

thanks

I cannot tell you the location of the fuses of a T25 Avensis, as I have no info. For the T27, the fuse is marked OBD and rated at 7.5A. 

This is the best I can find -   https://www.autogenius.info/toyota-avensis-t250-2003-2009-fuse-box-diagram/

• Like 1

So yesterday I paid my £108 for Toyota diagnostic check and was crushed to find the ABS ring had separated from the drive shaft and the two front suspension arms are corroded and holed, the cost quoted for just the driveshaft and abs sensor was over a thousand quid, so god knows what the final total for all the parts and labour would have been, totally beyond economic repair.

Just gutted that it is so bad, as it is immaculate outside and runs beautifully, I am thinking of putting it on eBay for spares or repair before MOT runs out, would keep another car going for years!

Appreciate the tips guys

SAM_2393.JPG

£2000 scrappage allowance against a new aygo, cracking deal, was good while it lasted!

17 minutes ago, davecullen6 said:

£2000 scrappage allowance against a new aygo, cracking deal, was good while it lasted!

Currently goes through until 31st March 2020 - https://www.toyota.co.uk/toyota-scrappage-scheme

On 3/3/2020 at 12:04 PM, davecullen6 said:

So yesterday I paid my £108 for Toyota diagnostic check and was crushed to find the ABS ring had separated from the drive shaft and the two front suspension arms are corroded and holed, the cost quoted for just the driveshaft and abs sensor was over a thousand quid, so god knows what the final total for all the parts and labour would have been, totally beyond economic repair.

Just gutted that it is so bad, as it is immaculate outside and runs beautifully, I am thinking of putting it on ebay for spares or repair before MOT runs out, would keep another car going for years!

Appreciate the tips guys

SAM_2393.JPG

A new aftermarket driveshaft for your Avensis is around £40.  Front lower wishbones are a common failure point. New aftermarket ones are about £60 a pair.  The ABS sensor itself is probably OK.  So around £100 in parts and not more than about 2 hours labour to fit.

I would definitely repair it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mrfixer said:

A new aftermarket driveshaft for your Avensis is around £40.  Front lower wishbones are a common failure point. New aftermarket ones are about £60 a pair.  The ABS sensor itself is probably OK.  So around £100 in parts and not more than about 2 hours labour to fit.

I would definitely repair it.

Just too much hassle finding someone reliable to do the work at a reasonable price Jim, with MOT due next month and needing the car daily, I decided to buy new, and a small car is all I really need now, had I not had to do the exhaust and wheel bearing in the summer, it would hardly have cost me anything.

ps if anybody looking for a boot liner or an excellent replacement alloy I have them on gumtree, need to be collected tho

SAM_2714.JPG

SAM_2717.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links