Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any tecnician/mechanic help needed

Samuel101

Hi I have mounted a towbar on my 2014 Avensis Estate.

The towbar is from Toyota and the wiring loom that comes with it also is from Toyota.

Most connections is just plugs coming together but one is making me trouble, 

It*s the connection on the no.28 picture of this attached manual.

What axactly is it they want me to connect and how?

Hope somebody are able to guide me.

Thanks in advance 

Best regards Per

IMG_0304.JPG

Resolution of the picture is too small to see.  Looks like it's telling you pin 11 is to be used for rear fog light.

Its telling you to remove the green wire from the small connector with the provided tool(if not already removed) then remove the SB from pin 11, insert the green wire into pin 11 on the large connector

Then insert the SB wire into the small plug supplied, then plug the 2 small connectors together (connecting the red/yellow and black)

iirc SB is solid Black

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Bob

Hope i get the picture when i get to assemble it.

If still in some doubt i hope it's ok to make another question?

Best regards Per

thats what the forums are for, tbh i have had to read these type of Toyota manuals a few times - its all logical

• Like 1

Sorry Bob but the colors dont match. 

This is the connections i have.

The two large orange wires go together and is power. 

Then there’s  is the red/yellow with the White socket an the White plug. I guess i have to unplug one (maybe the SB ?) from the cars multiplug (also seen in the picture ) and incert it into the White plug and then together with the White socket on the red/yellow wire.

Lastly there is the “grayish” small wire with the crimped “connector” which I think goes into the cars multiplug but exactly where?

Manual says pin 11 (signal RR FOG) and shows  the top corner hole on the multiplug. It says “wire view” but if that means it is seen from the side where the wires enters the multiplug, there is already a light blue wire in this hole.

Seen from the other side, this hole is empty.

There is just one SB in the multiplug though.

What does RR FOG stand for?

B353EB30-BB6D-4A09-9881-A8233197BCBA.jpeg

RR RL FR FL are corners of the car,  Rear Right,  Rear Left, Front Right and Front Left. Fog indicates the wire for the fog lights. You would also have reverse,  tail, stop or brake and indicators mentioned in that fashion. Wire view should mean the side the wires enter the connection. Plug view would mean the other side, although they could use other terms for that. RHD and LHD grommets are the places to feed the wiring harness through on either a Right Hand Drive or a Left Hand Drive model. I suppose that SB could be blue, as I  typically see BK listed for black,  with BU for blue and BR for brown. You would need to check that out. Is there no colour legend listed on the pages?

Thanks for replying.

Yes SB is actually skye blue so everything seemed right and I connected as the manual showed.

But now It seems like i can’t get the rear fog light to work ( that is without trailer off course)

Actually I don’t get the logic on this as i think it is possible on my car, to have only the front fog lights on and switch the rear one on and off independently.

So am I assuming right when I think  I don’t have to connect these “rear foglight canceling when trailing a trailer wires at all????

Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

best regards Per