Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

hello everyone i'm still smiling ( new owner )

buddyspudface

hello everyone, i picked up our little 1.0 iq2 2009 just a few days ago, boy am i pleased with it. i had been reading this forum for a few days before i got it so i was clued up on all things iq related. but to be honest it was love at first sight lol. there it was sitting all shinny and just waiting for me to climb inside. sure it has a few battle scars here and there, but its 11 years old this year so its been used.

iv checked with toyota online with regard recalls and it comes back clean but i will do a visual exhaust check next time it stops raining but as i live in rochdale i might have to wait a few weeks lol. i am going to take it into work soon and put it on some ramps to have a good luck underneath as what i cant see standing up. id love a workshop manual but it would seem none around to help pull things apart, changing all the fluids must be straight forward and with a little fiddling check the spark plugs.

my inprestion of the IQ comes from someone who has been driving for over 30 years both cars buses lorry's motorbikes. and i must confess to being somewhat impressed with this car. first of is them gears, wow they are huge. and the engine is so very ---- well to be honest you can hardly even hear it, its easy to forget to change gear its so unobtrusive.

its got everything you could want inside with full leather, climate control, all electric this and that. but whats the icing on the cake is the wheel base. its perfect for going over speed bumps as its wider than the bump  ( yippee ) and as for going over sleeping policemen its so small in length that it seems to be able to get both sets of wheels on the hump at the same time but still manage to stroll over them with almost no effort or thumping at all.

i look forward to sharing/asking for info as i go along but right now me and the wife might have finally found a car that we keep for more than 6 months. good to be here.

update with regard the egr valve connection point on the cat, mine is at the bottom of the cat so its would seem toyota are correct and mine does not need a recall. shame really as id love a new cat for free.lol

iq .jpg

Welcome Michael...great little car is the IQ...bit of a tardis and quirky with it.

thank you neil, we are just coming to terms with it and cant wait to start to pull it apart. best way to learn about things is to get your hands dirty.lol

Finding things out all the time right now. Just been over to the official UK Toyota Web page and signed up. I am able to view my cars history with them and found out it has already been recalled for the cat to be done,. It's also had another recall  done but can't remember if it was brakes or not. 

Finding things out all the time right now. Just been over to the official UK Toyota Web page and signed up. I am able to view my cars history with them and found out it has already been recalled for the cat to be done,. It's also had another recall  done but can't remember if it was brakes or not. 

Well I had it on ramps today and I'm so pleased as it seems the first owner of the car really looked after it. Underneath has been protected already and all I had to do was touch it up in places. The worst area for surface rust was the high impact zones on both inner front arches.with a little tlc it's now looking good again.

20200129_114905.jpg

20200129_100223.jpg

20200129_100233.jpg

20200129_114626.jpg

20200129_114605.jpg

• 1 month later...

Mi Michael.  Another Mike here from (south) Manchester here with an IQ. 

That looks pretty good - silver always suited the car, I think.  I've been really impressed with mine for the 18 months I've had it.  I know it's always a personal point of view, but I really like the looks, the fuel economy has been great and I've found it a comfy car to travel some distance in.  I've been up to Scotland and a couple of trips down to Brighton (all around the 4.5 - 5 hours mark) and arrived pain-free.  Similar journeys in my old (but loved) Ford Puma would have seen me getting out aching and a bit battered!

The only thing that (still) frustrates me is the audio system.  I've got the full navigation package in mine, but the useless head unit will only ever find a set number of songs from a memory stick.  In my Puma I could have one USB stick with about a thousand songs on it, and the after-market Halfords unit would find every single one.  I'm back to carrying six different USB sticks in the car now to store my files.  It's odd, as I'd have thought (for some reason) that a Toyota would have had the best system available with no glitches.

The car is still a cracker, though.  Sadly, unlike you, my mechanical knowledge goes as far as topping up the fluids and changing windscreen wipers. 

Hope you enjoy the IQ!

Thanks Mike,  I am pleased I'm not the only one who actually likes it's looks lol.yes being in Rochdale let's me enjoy seeing rain on a daily basis. 

Mike if you ever need help with anything drop me a line and I might be able to help. I never charge anyone as long as their prepared to help by getting their hands dirty as well.

What still blows my mind is the massive gears on it.that 2nd gear almost turns the car into an auto lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links