Do Not Sell My Personal Information

no ignition Avensis mark 3

aladinsain

Hi i have shorted the wires on my Avensis mark 3 2009 main power window switch now i have no ignition check all fuses in engine compartment all seem to be ok checked fuses 1-15 under passenger glove box  going to check 16-31 tomorrow have headlight and interior lights working cannot lock doors and no ignition i wondered if there was anywhere else to check ?

We need to how exactly you shorted the wires, was the car running, what happened after if it was running?

no it was not running but i believe that there is a constant live wire in there

and i think the red wire and the black/white wire touched

I only just found this by accident. Should be in the Avensis forum. If your car is a T27 Mk3 Avensis, then you need to also check the under dash fuse box located in the passenger footwell ,beyond the glovebox. Your owners handbook has this information. From there you can check the fuses, like fuse 13.

20200204_114826.thumb.jpg.6d95bb63a43a60754870137c15c3c434.jpg20200204_114718.thumb.jpg.35281e2be32b9fccdb16719bf0412296.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

thank for your help have sorted it it was the ignition 10 amp fuse in the engine bay which look ok but i changed it and that was the fault

• Like 1