Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 RAV4 tailgate strap

Wheel2Turn

Sorry if there's another thread about this I know there is somewhere but I can't find it.

I have a five door 2004 RAV4 right hand drive with a standard tailgate door strap I read somewhere about a tailgate strap conversion kit to make the UK model open wider, 

I really need one now and I don't really know what I'm looking for, I know what the part looks like but I don't know what part number the conversion kit is and where I can buy one from.

I've looked around scrap yards for a left hand drive RAV4 because I was told that should work but I've had no luck so far.

There is one on eBay UK but it's for a 2005 model and I've emailed the seller and he said it wouldn't do what I want it to do because it's for a 2005 model rav4.

Could anyone please post me a link to where I can get one from and what part number I'm looking for.

I would really appreciate any information regarding this. 👍

See 

Thank you Frostyballs for the link and thank you to anchorman for tutorial  nice one 👍

I've had the tailgate panel off before when I fitted a reversing camera so I wished I saw that before I did it. Very good tutorial that

Will that part number fit my 2004 RAV4 5door right hand drive model why I ask that.

Looks different fixing to the car side I think I saw two blots/nuts

The door (tailgate) side looks the same, Well I think it looks the same need to check tomorrow.

It's saying that part number is for a 2005 model or is it that I use that part number for my 2004 model

My brain hurts today 🙉😁

Have I got this right in my head I buy the 2005 one for my 2004 rav and punch the rivet out and swap it over for the standard one that's on my 2004 RAV4 model

please confirm 🙉😁

Why did it take me that long to work that out if that's right I need help 😁

So just to confirm this for my 2004 RAV4 I need part number 68650-42070 to make my tailgate door open wider, 

On my tailgate car side there are two bolts that is securing it to my car and then on the door side there are another two bolts

on the tutorial there's only one bolt securing the check strap to the car side I'm I right in thinking I need to take the revit pin out of my check strap and then take the revit out of the new check strap and then fixing it back together using my original check strap fixing

sorry to keep posting but I just don't want to order the wrong part.

have anyone got one for sale on this site by any chance ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links