Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Main Dealer Service or Halfords?

Hybrid8

Have tried to book my Toyota Yaris Hybrid in for s Hybrid Service with local Toyota Dealer.

Not going well as they seem to think my car registration is wrong, strange as they sold it to the previous owner!

Lost patience with them telling me it is wrong, so I do I carry on and try to book it with them or go to local Halfords for a Full Hybrid Service?

Or local garage who will just do a basic service & MoT on the car & possibly let Toyota do a Battery check service later in Year?

Any thoughts on Halfords Hybrid Servicing, Good or Bad?

It needs to be Toyota to do their Hybrid Health check

I take it you have checked the reg and vin against your logbook ?

Why would they think the reg is wrong? (Genuine question, just intrigued!)

I wouldn't trust Halfrauds to change a light bulb let alone do a service. But they do sell some very good socket sets (with lifetime warranty too!).

• Like 2

Halfords is ok for fitting tyres. But I would not use them for service or MoT. The last time they failed my car on MOT complaining that the brakes has too much travels. I took it back to Toyota dealer and enquired and also compared with other cars on site. There was no difference. The mechanic says there is nothing wrong with the brakes or brakes pedal. So Toyota did the MoT and passed it. Maybe Halfrauds wanted some business.

• Like 3

Sort out the issue/confusion with the Toyota main dealer and leave the likes of Halfords well out of it.

• Like 2

Would never use Halfords ever again after appalling service years ago. They replaced the fuel filter on a 2 litre auto with one the quarter of the size that was for a 1 litre manual because "the computer said so". Not even a Saturday mechanic would have fitted it - I didn't realise until I went on a long trip and found that 70 could not be maintained on motorway hills.

• Like 2

It seems from the Toyota website that the Hybrid Health Check is now part of the Hybrid Electric Vehicle Service - so don't think the Hybrid Health Check is available separately to a service.

For vehicles over 5 years old, the Hybrid E!ectric Vehicle Service will also extend the warranty on the hybrid Battery by 1 year/10,000 miles at no extra cost.

Servicing via independent garages won't have this facility.

For vehicles over five years old, owners may take advantage of the 5+ Club, which provides a 20% discount on services and MOT's - see 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links