Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spare wheel

daniel.angas.3

Hi Everyone,

I want to know if someone had bought a flat wheel to replace the emergency puncture kit.

If someone has done, what tire size and tipe of wheel has bought and where can be carried.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Enviado desde mi Nokia 9 mediante Tapatalk

I took my IQ apart recently. There’s a small cubby box and under that accessible under the rear seat is the jack/brace polystyrene tray with compressor and liquid. Where on earth will you put a space saver???  There’s no space to save for it. 

Other people have wedged a spare behind the front seats.

My idea was to empty the space below the rear seat and place the wheel there. Inside the wheel, maybe there is room for the jack. Has anybody tried to place the spare wheel there?
Any advice?

Enviado desde mi Nokia 9 mediante Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

My first comment as a new comer.

I accept there is no where to store a space saver in the car other than behind the seats, but in the event of a flat, it would be handy to have one in the garage that can be taken out to the car in the event of a flat and allow the car to be used until a new tyre is sorted. I would imagine it is far cheaper to buy such a wheel and tyre than another alloy. Is there any information about which spacer saver is suitable? Our car has 15" alloys but that does not necessarily mean a 15" steel spacer should be used. Any information appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, not knowing if a space saver will fit under the seat, I've bought a good condition steel rim from a seller on an internet auction site and have fitted a brand new non directional budget brand tyre to it. The intention is to keep it in the garage and if we suffer a flat, then at least we can keep the car running without the restrictions that come with a space saver. Total cost, £70. Our intended use of the IQ will always be for local use, so in the worst case we should be able get the tyre out to the car with no issue. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links