Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4D egr

Porkpie

Hi all. I'm trying to locate my egr valve so that I can give it a once over as my car is in limp mode.  It's a 2.0 l D4D. It's done 119000 miles. Im not sure which engine it is. The only number I can find is 1CD C92 on the top of the engine. Please excuse my ignorance, I bought the car last December and it's been amazing up until now. Look forward to some possible replies from the Avensis guru's. 

Thanks for reading 

I think you would need to put it on the computer and see what codes come up. It would point you in the right direction as to what to look for, 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:06 PM, Ant-Rav said:

I think you would need to put it on the computer and see what codes come up. It would point you in the right direction as to what to look for, 

Toyota doesn't show any codes when in limp mode. At least my T250 never showed any codes.

I had a limp mode due to my EGR. The main symptom was that the car would drive fine before coolant reached operating temperature. As soon as op temp was reached the EGR opened, got stuck and hello limp mode.

There are 2 places it can be:  First, it might be hidden on the right side of the engine. You will have to take the air box off to get access to it. Nose pliers required to remove pipe clamps.  Careful as coolant will leak from these pipes.  you will need something to block the pipes from leaking all the coolant while you remove the egr valve.  The Valve is fixed by a nut (12mm socket Maybe 13) on the left hand side, a bolt on the right hand side and one underneath the egr valve (12 mm socket for these). You will need a ratchet/breaker bar on an extension to get to it.   

Or it might be in front of the engine, you will be able to see it as an egr pipe runs horizontally.  This configuration is easy to remove.  

Where in Buckinghamshire are you?