Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedometer calibration

FPSUsername

Hello,

I have a 2016 Yaris and the speedometer is way off (shows 110 with the needle while you're actually driving 100). Is it possible to correct this error with coding (Techstream)?

I was running 14" wheels with 175/70 tires and now 15" with 195/55 (and I think that only increased the offset, haven't tried it yet).

Before you changed the wheels what was your speedo doing then?

the rolling radius is -0.7, is that 100kmh ?

have you verified the speedo by gps

Our Yaris Hybrid speedo is way off.

The needle shows 30mph when the real speed is 26 or so.  Maybe ok?

When the needle shows 70mph, the real speed is 65 or so.

Read my thread on the subject.  Our Yaris is by far the worst car's speedo we've ever owned and we've had cars going back to 1972.

Although within legal limits of course, it's a terrible indication as it's way too low for this modern high-tech day and age.

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/182025-speedo-inaccuracies-2014-yaris/#comments

Mick.

There's an approx 10% error built in when comparing to gps on all the Yaris's that we've owned or driven and in my opinion is deliberate by the manufacturer and not a fault. You will have to factor in the new error percentage when using different wheel rim sizes.

I have yet to come across a setting in Techstream allowing the speedo to be recalibrated but that's not to say there isn't one.

Speedo programming is a higher level than Techstream and requires authorization unless you use an aftermarket tool

you can calibrate the gauges in Techstream tho, but its buried in one of the menus

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, Catlover said:

Before you changed the wheels what was your speedo doing then?

Didn't change much. When I Was driving 100 on the speedo, GPS showed 93-95.

I reset the odo trip when my GPS showed that I had 71km left to my destination, eventually the odo showed ~71,5km. That's one way to decrease the value of the car quickly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links