Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2014 Hybrid badges

Techead

Wondering if anyone knows if the Hybrid logos on the side are attached via sticky backing, or does it attach via a hole/slot?

Wanted to de-badge the car, but unsure if that's possible on the side logos. 

Thanks in advance

All badges except the front girl are attached with double sided tape. Best is to heat up them first with heat gun or hair dryer and remove using old credit card etc, then clean residue with tar and glue remover or something that cleans but not damages the paint. I have done that job with excellent results. Rear emblem just, remove the blue-black backing plate, add new tape and stick it back on the car. Front one I used a Matt black wrap folio and all looks original. 
Regards 

3F1844B7-7786-4BD6-9BBB-F04B9EDD9A10.jpeg

AC82983C-C8E8-4154-BB53-55D1605B4624.jpeg

54B7AAD7-444D-4E34-89F3-F78B5E70711C.jpeg

24B4115C-6489-4A0C-A659-6EA9E36BB516.jpeg
no auris, no hybrid, no trouble:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Tony thanks for the reply, though I have the updated shape Auris, would you happen to know about that one?

• Like 1

From memory, if you have Toyota Safety System, the front Badge contains a sensor or similar, so removal of that will affect the system.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From memory, if you have Toyota Safety System, the front badge contains a sensor or similar, so removal of that will affect the system.

Is that the system where it detects lanes/cars in front? If so, it should be OK as I don't have those things on my model, it's just the Icon+ model.

Yes, second gen Auris is the same as the first one in terms of badges fitting, only differences are in the front one if there are built in sensors. Pretty much all toyotas models are very similar. Once you heat them up and try to remove gently, if there are any bolts holding it it will not move, but I am sure side one are just a plastic stickers. They are easy to break if you pull them fast and if the glue is not hot enough, just careful job but not difficult. Here is an example how to do front emblem, you can choose any vinyl you like, I did matte black to try to make it look as genuine as possible. 

Good luck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the advice. In regards to the rear Toyota logo Badge, it has the blue backing, I saw you mention you merely removed the backing and stuck the Toyota logo back on, what adhesive did you use for that? Any sort of double sided tape? 

Hi,

yes any foam double sided will do it, I used that one 10mm wide but you can buy 10, 15 or both whatever u like this is handy stuff.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323997363900

worked very well : the trick is to apply as large area as possible and cut from the outside the Badge with scissors.  Before you stick back the rear emblem make sure the paintwork is very clean and dry, I personally t-cutted then hand polished too before fitting back, but that’s me, it’s not necessarily to polish if you don’t want to. 
Regards 

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 6:44 PM, Techead said:

Wondering if anyone knows if the Hybrid logos on the side are attached via sticky backing, or does it attach via a hole/slot?

Wanted to de-badge the car, but unsure if that's possible on the side logos. 

Thanks in advance

Let me confirm that the side “hybrid” badges (and the rear hsd one) were simply stuck onto my car. Were... 

• Thanks 1

Well I'll certainly be taking my badges off this weekend now.  Might be a bit simplistic but if it makes it harder to spot it can only help.

1 hour ago, Steve Whits said:

Well I'll certainly be taking my badges off this weekend now.  Might be a bit simplistic but if it makes it harder to spot it can only help.

I've managed to do the side "Hybrid" logos, as well as the rear HSD logo. Front emblem I vinyl'ed in matte black like TonyHSD suggested, though the rear emblem is quite a lot harder to take off! It's clipped as well as the whole area glued, so it's really hard to take off. Haven't quite managed it.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:58 PM, Beekeeper D said:

Let me confirm that the side “hybrid” badges (and the rear hsd one) were simply stuck onto my car. Were... 

Thanks! Did you manage to take off the rear Toyota emblem and take the blue backing off?

24 minutes ago, Techead said:

I've managed to do the side "Hybrid" logos, as well as the rear HSD logo. Front emblem I vinyl'ed in matte black like TonyHSD suggested, though the rear emblem is quite a lot harder to take off! It's clipped as well as the whole area glued, so it's really hard to take off. Haven't quite managed it.

Hi, yes it is the hardest one to do. All you need is hair dryer and heat it up till hot and pry with Old credit cards and plastic tools for interior panels like shown on my picture, wouldn’t have any problems, just takes more time. There are two pins that goes into two small holes that position the emblem while fitting. 
Regards 

8FDD1C53-8184-40BB-B25F-D372BC4588BB.jpeg

Just now, TonyHSD said:

Hi, yes it is the hardest one to do. All you need is hair dryer and heat it up till hot and pry with Old credit cards and plastic tools for interior panels like shown on my picture, wouldn’t have any problems, just takes more time. 
Regards 

Yep I think I just need more patience 🙂 I've got a heat gun which I was using, but they used so much glue that it's pretty hard to get the glue apart. I'll give it another go in a bit, other than that, everything else looks clean 🙂 

Yes, it is trouble a bit, heat plus going all around and pulling. You don’t need to melt or break it from hard pull, just little bit more time and then is the worst part, cleaning the glue residue. I used tar and glue remover safe for paint work, plastic scraper and after I cleaned I did polished too. 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes, it is trouble a bit, heat plus going all around and pulling. You don’t need to melt or break it from hard pull, just little bit more time and then is the worst part, cleaning the glue residue. I used tar and glue remover safe for paint work, plastic scraper and after I cleaned I did polished too. 

Managed to do it. I used a tiny bit more force and heat this time and worked great. I used heat and rubbed off the remaining glue, found that to work best. Everything looks nice and clean with no ugly black/blue backgrounds!

• Like 2

Er, perhaps this is something Toyota should be offering to take care of via the dealer network, if customers are (understandably) concerned that their hybrid has become a bit of a liability (due to what could be argued to be a design flaw)? Just a thought!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of doing this but then I read that the hybrid badges act as a warning to the fire services that there may be a high voltage in the event of a crash. Know I'm not sure whether to take them off or not. 

• Like 1

Excellent point Jane, I had not thought of that but very important for Emergancy services.

There is such a wide variety of safety and electrical systems in use in vehicles now that I understand emergency services have access to a database showing specific hazards relating each model of vehicle. These are searchable through registration number or VIN so it shouldn't be necessary for them to rely on external badging to identify whether a vehicle is a hybrid or not.

• Like 2

There is a good point of that, but also Nick has explained too, these days cars are equipped with high voltage systems 24v 48v, 240V + so fire man should be prepared and trained for the latest tech in a cars and the risk involved with. I prefer to keep my car without hybrid badges until that virus gone, and in case of emergency I will note to the fire brigades. Or use perhaps magnetic Badge like GB stickers, remove before leave the car at car parks or streets. 
Regards 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links