Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autolock doors when in Drive

Darcus

I recently had a Lexus UX as a courtesy car and I noticed in the settings that the car could autolock when the gear selector was put into D and then unlock when in Park.

I know my 2.0 Excel TS doesn't have this feature, but I'm wondering if there is a way of turning this on through poking the OBD2 port?

On Volkswagen cars you can typically turn on and off hidden features by fiddling with settings revealed by the OBD2 port.

Anyone have any knowledge about this? Do Toyota's work the same?

The dealers should be able to set it for you if it's possible.

Seems to be a feature on rav 4 automatics so toyota do have the settings available

I asked my dealer to activate this on my last service, but they said it is not possible on this car.

Does the keyless entry prevent this?

I had this feature on a Citroen Picasso as standard setting. I'm sure that it's listed as a dealer setting on the Corolla, though I think they won't know about it unless we remind them.

Our local dealership isn't particularly helpful. It seems that information I get on this forum has to be relayed to the chaps in service and then they check with Toyota hq to see if it's possible. Maybe they're not given this kind of information.

I'll probably ask for this when it goes in for a service later in the year.

I am also interested in this! I really miss this feature.

My 2019 RAV4 has these options, I'd have expected the latest Corolla to have similar options.

This page is one of several near the end of the manual, which covers lots of options  including one that allows all windows to be opened or closed (and moonroof if fitted) by holding the unlock/lock button on the remote.  Strangely, this feature is turned off by default, and needs to be enabled by a dealer or vie the OBD2 port with a suitable device.

Column A mean it can be changed using the Nav/Media screen, B via the display next to the speedo and C by the dealer/techstream etc.

2016-11-01.jpg

"Our local dealership isn't particularly helpful. It seems that information I get on this forum has to be relayed to the chaps in service and then they check with Toyota hq to see if it's possible. Maybe they're not given this kind of information."

Oh, I recognise that scenario!

• Like 2

Unfortunately in my manual there is just the first row of this table - Unlocking using a mechanical key.

Yep, same for me  Does the Rav4 have keyless entry too?

2 hours ago, rafletcher said:

Yep, same for me  Does the Rav4 have keyless entry too?

Yes, with options that all doors unlock with first touch, or just driver's door, with remaining doors unlocking if you continue to hold the handle for several seconds.

I've also set mine up so that if I unlock using the remote, first press unlocks the driver's door, second press does the rest.

Another anomaly then. I’ve done the same with the remote. Re holding the door handle to unlock the other doors, it’s a bit odd on mine. Sometimes if I hold the handle for 3-4 seconds the others unlock, sometimes not. Looking in the manual this is a feature only the dealer can change, and the default is NOT to open the other doors. When enabled the maximum wait should be 2 seconds. I’ll get it checked at first service. 

• 3 weeks later...

I asked for this feature to be enabled with my scheduled service last Friday, but they said that this option is not available when they plugged it in.

I'd love this feature since I always lock my doors when I drive off, another thing that I really want is the headlights/DRLs coming on when you unlock the car. 

• Like 1

There are OBD connectors which can close the doors above 10-15 km/h and open when in P, but I did not find any which surely works with the new Corolla.

• 5 months later...

I am having issues trying to activate the auto door locking feature for the 2020 Excel hatchback. I would have thought the feature would be on as default from factory when you drive the vehicle above 5-10 mph the doors should automatically lock.

This feature doesn't exist on the corolla, there have been a few posts about this issue and no one from what i've seen so far knows how to activate it.

• 8 months later...

On the subject of Corolla locks. I can only open the tailgate if the car is unlocked. Should I be able to open the tailgate with the car locked. 

35 minutes ago, Eric0608 said:

On the subject of Corolla locks. I can only open the tailgate if the car is unlocked. Should I be able to open the tailgate with the car locked. 

Yes. I do it all the time after playing a round of golf. Walk up to rear of car, open tailgate, pack my kit into the boot then drive off.

1 hour ago, Eric0608 said:

What trim level as only the Excel has keyless entry, lower specs do not so you have to unlock the car before the boot will open  

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...