Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Autolock doors when in Drive

Darcus

Wow, that has a lot more settings than the menu in my Mk4 does!!!

If it’s available on US spec vehicles (as shown in the clip above) then it’s odd that such a common and popular feature is not available in the UK. I’ve had it on my cars for the past 15 years plus - including my previous Avensis.  

10 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

Is there any solution for the uk Corolla?

It's not possible on the UK corolla. Odd how it's implemented on the American corolla but not on the UK corolla as its a widely requested feature 

11 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

Is there any solution for the uk Corolla?

You can change this setting with Carista app and obd connector. Unfortunately this app is not free.

I don't know why this setting is not user available for Europe Corolla. It's just software feature and it would not cost Toyota a penny to enable this.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Tomv said:

You can change this setting with Carista app and obd connector. Unfortunately this app is not free.

I don't know why this setting is not user available for Europe Corolla. It's just software feature and it would not cost Toyota a penny to enable this.

Are you 100 % certain ? Does this infer that some options not mentioned in the user manual, can be activated by the dealer ? I ask because I also want this feature on my Yaris, but in the dealer configurable options it is not shown as available. 

15 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Are you 100 % certain ? Does this infer that some options not mentioned in the user manual, can be activated by the dealer ? I ask because I also want this feature on my Yaris, but in the dealer configurable options it is not shown as available. 

One way to find out 🙂 Try it out and let us know. I'm still waiting for my Corolla so won't be able to check. My dad's 2011 Avensis does that

1 hour ago, Tomv said:

I have the used the Carista app and the option for auto locking is not available for the UK version of the Corolla Hybrid.

To confirm

the car will not auto on selecting d or driving off?

Can you lock it manually?

Doesn’t feel very safe

3 hours ago, Tomv said:

Have you managed to change it with carista?

3 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

To confirm

the car will not auto on selecting d or driving off?

Can you lock it manually?

Doesn’t feel very safe

There is no auto-locking. You can manually lock / unlock using the switch on the drivers door console. You are 100% correct in that it doesn't feel so safe as having auto locking. It's omission one of the mysteries on this car!!  I am only referring to the UK spec version of the Corolla. Other markets will have other capabilities and specs. 

1 hour ago, Chris Nutt said:

There is no auto-locking. You can manually lock / unlock using the switch on the drivers door console. You are 100% correct in that it doesn't feel so safe as having auto locking. It's omission one of the mysteries on this car!!  I am only referring to the UK spec version of the Corolla. Other markets will have other capabilities and specs. 

I can confirm this as at my 1st service I requested global open / close windows and pan roof and auto-locking be enabled. Global opening done but was told there is no option for auto-locking.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't explain it correctly. 

Carista can change settings that is not available as user setting in car menu= it means the setting that is in manual noted as changeable only by Toyota dealer. If it's not available for Toyota dealer it will not work in Carista too.

For example I have changed unlocking the way that on first press only driver's door are unlocked and with second it unlocks all doors and set the auto relock on 60s. Activation of Auto-locking was not available for my car in Carista.

I was asking about this Carly OBD 2 with customising tool in another post.

Here is a link on YouTube if it helps

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My car is a Corolla design MY22 

trying to find out how to alter the settings so when I select P or when I start to drive off all the doors will automatically lock ? 

Can’t find it in the manual and tried looking on internet and YouTube but the settings they have is different to mine. 

my display only shows this 

711CFF8C-BE45-45BA-BEA2-F0C2A9EE89D0.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links