Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice: For buying Gen2/3 Prius

Wayne2015

On 2/9/2020 at 7:14 PM, Wayne2015 said:

Scala maybe too new/expensive for me....it's a Rapid replacement isn't it?

I not too keen on the Rapid, but the Scala looks really good.              
We have had 3 Skodas, all new. Felicia, Octavia, then a Fabia.

Need bigger boot space/power/tyres. So the auris/Lexus hybrid was suitable as an upgrade without too much fuss, although it still have strong engine noise at speed. 

The Yaris just don't quite cut it when it comes driving long distance with the annoying engine noise at high speed and lack of power. I do like the torque of a turbo diesel, so the bmw 1 series coupe at 140 or 180bhp would have been great, but at euro emission 5. 

Will stick with the Yaris for another year then decide if the landscapes has changed. 

6 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I not too keen on the Rapid, but the Scala looks really good.              
We have had 3 Skodas, all new. Felicia, Octavia, then a Fabia.

Only considering the ugly cheap Rapid because WHICH? scores it highly for reliability!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Need bigger boot space/power/tyres. So the auris/Lexus hybrid was suitable as an upgrade without too much fuss, although it still have strong engine noise at speed. 

The Yaris just don't quite cut it when it comes driving long distance with the annoying engine noise at high speed and lack of power. I do like the torque of a turbo diesel, so the bmw 1 series coupe at 140 or 180bhp would have been great, but at euro emission 5. 

Will stick with the Yaris for another year then decide if the landscapes has changed. 

Each to their own 🙂

I used to have a Skoda Superb 2.0 tdi, but quite happy trodding along the M62 in the Yaris Hybrid courtesy 🙂 

What about BMW i3/8 or Jag i-Pace ?

Not suitable for me for now mainly due to no driveway and low mileage per annum to make it worthwhile. The EV Kona  or E niro are what I would want. 

2 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Not suitable for me for now mainly due to no driveway and low mileage per annum to make it worthwhile. The EV Kona  or E niro are what I would want. 

Extension lead 🤣

Haha not when trying to charge a 64kwh car 🙂

Damn it why it is so difficult to get a car now with so much restrictions! Diesel no good unless euro 6 (cost more & who knows how long before euro7 etc) petrol drinks too much, hybrids gets cat stolen 😞

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Scooter

Rife with thiefs. Not that I want a scooter for travelling around 200-300miles road trip with luggages & 3 other people on my back. 

49 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Haha not when trying to charge a 64kwh car 🙂

Damn it why it is so difficult to get a car now with so much restrictions! Diesel no good unless euro 6 (cost more & who knows how long before euro7 etc) petrol drinks too much, hybrids gets cat stolen 😞

You bought a lotto yet? 🤣

37 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Rife with thiefs. Not that I want a scooter for travelling around 200-300miles road trip with luggages & 3 other people on my back. 

Electric cycle are popular these days 😉

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

You bought a lotto yet? 🤣

I think u have a similar dilemma? 😉

Yes 1 euro draw every Tues & Fri! (In hope)

21 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

I think u have a similar dilemma? 😉

Yes 1 euro draw every Tues & Fri! (In hope)

I have just one dilemma...

TO BUY, OR NOT TO BUY A TOYOTA AGAIN 🤔

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

I have just one dilemma...

TO BUY, OR NOT TO BUY A TOYOTA AGAIN 🤔

I will buy Toyota again in the future because they are the best for no nonsense/value/reliable & sensible choice. 

VAG dsg boxes are fine on the whole, shouldn't worry too much. 

23 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

I will buy Toyota again in the future because they are the best for no nonsense/value/reliable & sensible choice. 

VAG dsg boxes are fine on the whole, shouldn't worry too much. 

Me too!

I be back with a Toyota Hybrid 2-3 years time 🙂

lots of DSG issues on honestjohn 😞

Nice find, Tony! 😍 

But, I sort of gone off Auris 1.2t and started to sway towards the BLUE side again (Yaris Hybrid)...

Got obsessed with the bi-tone version if it includes SatNav + Pan Roof 🥰

But they going for silly prices, and the 'cat' from Hybrids still haunts me a bit ..

To be honest, really undecided at the mo 🤔 

How is your tyre/wheel on your Auris ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Nice find, Tony! 😍 

But, I sort of gone off Auris 1.2t and started to sway towards the BLUE side again (Yaris Hybrid)...

Got obsessed with the bi-tone version if it includes SatNav + Pan Roof 🥰

But they going for silly prices, and the 'cat' from Hybrids still haunts me a bit ..

To be honest, really undecided at the mo 🤔 

How is your tyre/wheel on your Auris ?

Ok understand, Yaris hybrid also a good car, better to test drive first as it’s a bit smaller class and despite they are very roomy you might feel strange when seated inside. 
My car when to the garage again today, there were some bad vibrations recently, the guys did rebalance all the tyres , seems like the pothole incident had damage slightly the wheel too and  the garage didn’t notice that the first time I visited, and now I can’t claim for a new wheel.  Anyway,  I fitted all new wheel bearings and brakes in the last two days, looks good now and I hope the vibrations are gone, will test drive tonight. 
Thanks for asking. 

1561A918-5BDD-4A7A-94E7-B4EFA456AE66.jpeg

2729F1B6-971B-47A3-AF47-E12A14EAC780.jpeg

3118E42E-33F4-427D-9610-033E9340813F.jpeg

92E1219E-D8B8-4068-8922-35F4E926521C.jpeg

A2686A1F-D760-461D-B09A-89E6D482B8CA.jpeg

Don't worry

I been doing the Yaris Hybrid testing for over 2 weeks now (courtesy car) 😉 

Ref your wheel

Can u not claim off the council (pot hole damage)? 🤔

I yet to test the Auris 1.2t (and u too far away)! 😢

Just waiting for the FOI figures before deciding if the Yaris Hybrid is a safe bet from the cat-knappers (for now) 🤣

Ok, so you know Yaris is a cool car already. 👍 There are not many if any reports of Yaris hybrid targeted, but you can always remove the emblems and go undercover as I did 😉. Any of the Toyotas you choose is a good choice. 
Good luck 🍺

29 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Ok, so you know Yaris is a cool car already. 👍 There are not many if any reports of Yaris hybrid targeted, but you can always remove the emblems and go undercover as I did 😉. Any of the Toyotas you choose is a good choice. 
Good luck 🍺

I think so!

The Yaris is EASIER to disguise as the auto gear stick are the same in hybrid/petrol/diesel I think???

Where as the Auris Hybrid joystick is unique to hybrids...

I like the older shape Yaris (MK3+ facelift), plus ZERO road tax 🙂

but, MK4 has TSS 🤔 

I need a VERY reliable motor for my new 20k miles annual commute! Big cruisers will be more comfy with toys, but none will be as dependable or hold its value as the Toyota hybrids! 👍

• Like 1

Skoda Superb still tempting though 🙂

35 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Skoda Superb still tempting though 🙂

Lol that is a big jump from Yaris to Superb. If you go for superb diesel probably Will be the right choice for commuter’s car, or if they offer it with the same 1.4 TSI dsg like Jetta and Passat. If you going for a vag have you consider a Seat Leon ? They have nice estates too. 

• Haha 1

Did consider the Leon FR hatch/estate - very nice, but not reliable enough for me

As is for Superb, really cannot afford it to be off the road - hence fall back on s Hybrid

Love the Superb, new one looks awesome compared to the MK2 - but can I depend on it???