Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Limit Display Incorrect

rafletcher

A couple of instances recently.  In our local town, there have been a number of roads where the limit has been reduced to 20mph.  Generally the display in the car is correct, but I noticed on Friday a stretch where it still indicated 30.  I checked the road signs, and they say 20, and the "HERE map creator" database also has the road set at 20. No idea why the car doesn't recognise that stretch,when it does others. All the limits were changed at the same time.

Also, I had an instance where the National Speed Limit sign was displayed on the dash (white ground and black diagonal stripe). No idea why as the car usually displays 60 or 70 in that circumstance.

Just another little annoyance when the technology doesn't quite get it right.

Bring back the Model T Ford, nice and basic. 😁

I suspect it can't read the new sign if there's one and the defaults to map data.

Still, things have moved on.

My previous 2016 Prius had version 1 of Safety Sense which only used the camera, and like almost every posting about it mine was soon switched off permanently.

I would say the current system (on my RAV4, at least) is better than 95% accurate, and the fact it can be used to set the Adaptive Cruise Control target speed is quite useful (though not always when the speed limit is lowered).

8 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I would say the current system (on my RAV4, at least) is better than 95% accurate, and the fact it can be used to set the Adaptive Cruise Control target speed is quite useful (though not always when the speed limit is lowered).

I believe the Corolla is also equally as good 🙂

Just now, bewA said:

I believe the Corolla is also equally as good 🙂

Yes, I think all new and face-lifted versions have V2 of Safety Sense and therefore the improved RSA.

• Like 1

You can edit the map if you want - or at least post edits to be included in the next release. I forget how but there is a way because I've done it. Still - it doesn't bode well for the future when cars are going to impose limits.

Update: Go here.

It's a bit of a faff.

5 hours ago, AndrueC said:

You can edit the map if you want - or at least post edits to be included in the next release. I forget how but there is a way because I've done it. Still - it doesn't bode well for the future when cars are going to impose limits.

Update: Go here.

It's a bit of a faff.

The map’s correct, I checked. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links