Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Home Cinema Bargin

Fidgits

Well, treated myself at the weekend, and I think i got a bargin! So if your shopping for a home cinema system, this might be worth a look...

Sony HTK250, 5.1 surround home cinema system.

004387_001.jpg

Worth mentioning, this does not include the DVD player, and you need a DVD with a digital optical out.

Total output is 340W RMS!!!

Sounds amazing, really takes you into the movie...

But it also can accept inputs from the Playstation 2, Sky reciever, TV audio o/p, VCR... and it has a FM reciever too!

RRP is £300, but Littlewoods Index has it on the sale for £150.. its a bargin in my opinion!

I have the Sony HTE-B1 (i needed small speakers) and that's pretty good also.

Sony is normally a safe bet!!

I went for one of these as well ian

I have DTS output so I should be ok right??

I went to dealtime.co.uk and added the code number and picked it up for £149 inc vat and delivery from empire.co.uk

I love dealtime.co.uk.. I always check there for the best deals!

Sony is normally a safe bet!!

:ph34r:

Safe bet if you like taking you headunit back to the shops every few months ..

ive always found sony to be spot on, that is apart from car audio, for some reason they just cant apply it to them... one of lifes mysteries :rolleyes:

anything i have ever bought from sony has been a load of crap. The same with Dixons whenver i buy something from there it either plane dont work or has been smashed to hell in transit

ive always found sony to be spot on, that is apart from car audio, for some reason they just cant apply it to them... one of lifes mysteries :rolleyes:

well to be honest with ya i've never had any problems with their amps or Speakers,but i definately would'nt buy a sony headset.....

I went for one of these as well ian

I have DTS output so I should be ok right??

I went to dealtime.co.uk and added the code number and picked it up for £149 inc vat and delivery from empire.co.uk

I love dealtime.co.uk.. I always check there for the best deals!

Yeah, DTS will be fine as long as its optical mate..

If you want to hear a home cinema set-up come round my place i have:-

Bowers & wilkins CDM7NT front Speakers (£1200)

Bowers & Wilkins CMC Centre speaker (£350)

Bowers & Wilkins Sub Woofer (£400)

Mission Bi-pole rear Speakers (£200)

Yahama DSP e492 sound proccessor (£350)

Cyrus 8 stearo amplifier (£800)

Cyrus Power Supply (£350)

Sony DVD Player (£500)

Scart Lead and Speaker cable (£350)

Total £4,000 :eek:

ok i'm bragging a little bit :D just cannot help myself.

But it does sound fantastic espcially when watching Aliens 2 special edition. :thumbsup:

the thing is though...

Yes i could tell a big difference from my cheap-o £50 surround system to the £300 Sony (which cost half that!).. but I dont think a 10x increase in cost can really give a 10x increase in quality, and although im sure its great, i dont think i'd notice a huge improvement...

Oh, and who the hell spends £350 on a scart lead and some speaker cable!"!!!

the thing is though...

Yes i could tell a big difference from my cheap-o £50 surround system to the £300 Sony (which cost half that!).. but I dont think a 10x increase in cost can really give a 10x increase in quality, and although im sure its great, i dont think i'd notice a huge improvement...

Oh, and who the hell spends £350 on a scart lead and some speaker cable!"!!!

Your almost right, I have developed my system over the last 7 years, gradually changing one piece at a time.

there is a huge difference between a £350 set up and my curent £4500, but i would agree that the difference between a £2,500 and mine is more subtle. But when your a serious hifi enthusiast, the subtle differences are very important in achieving your perfect sound requirements.

As for the leads at £350 thats cheap, speaker cable should never be under estimated, especially if you want a crsip bass sound, generally you should spend around 10-15% of your total system cost on cables

ive got a bose lifestyle system - sounds the dogs. Even makes the Mrs happy when watching corrie thru it

Your almost right, I have developed my system over the last 7 years, gradually changing one piece at a time.

there is a huge difference between a £350 set up and my curent £4500, but i would agree that the difference between a £2,500 and mine is more subtle. But when your a serious hifi enthusiast, the subtle differences are very important in achieving your perfect sound requirements.

As for the leads at £350 thats cheap, speaker cable should never be under estimated, especially if you want a crsip bass sound, generally you should spend around 10-15% of your total system cost on cables

Agree with everything you've said mate. I've done the same thing over a period of 12 years and spent a lot of money and ended up with a superb system that is still evolving - though I do seem to have spent more on the car than the system in the last 12 months :P

i guess my thoughts are, the sony system i have is great for me.. a real 'in the cinema' experience, and can use it for TV/Playstation too..

Seems perfect, and i have no intention of spending more money on it.

mm good deal ian,

i have a sony headunit thats never caused any probs or blown a fuse or anyfink,

the bose systems amaze me but im a student,

i guess my thoughts are, the sony system i have is great for me.. a real 'in the cinema' experience, and can use it for TV/Playstation too..

Not trying to put it (or you) down mate. The only thing that counts is that you're happy with it :D

Not trying to put it (or you) down mate. The only thing that counts is that you're happy with it :D

I agree, any form of home cinema is great. The only problem now is replacing all of your vidoe collection into dvd's :thumbsup:

I agree, any form of home cinema is great. The only problem now is replacing all of your vidoe collection into dvd's :thumbsup:

well, i already have 150 DVD's.. and since i can plug the VCR into the speaker system, i dont need to replace them!

yeah i went out and bought four bose interaudio pub Speakers last year for the footie,and i must admit it's the dogs b*****ks.everything going through the sound system so whatever is on the t.v. can go through it....

but they are expensive :!Removed!: