Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extra " plug in" battery power ?

HSDish

Moved to the Prius club to generate some response

• Thanks 1

Going back a while but some UK gen2 and gen3 owners fitted the enginer kit.  The solar panel option looks new.  Maybe have a look on the prius chat forum.

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2020 at 5:03 PM, johalareewi said:

Going back a while but some UK gen2 and gen3 owners fitted the enginer kit.  The solar panel option looks new.  Maybe have a look on the prius chat forum.

Thanks.

I'll check out " prius chat ". Is it an USA based site ?

I emailed http://www.enginer.us Thursday 6 feb. 19:37 local swedish time, but havent got an answer yet. Hope to hear from them next week

Hi

No experience of this particular kit, but I looked at such kits for my old prius before buying one of the very first plug in priuses in 2012.

Things may have improved, but back then I was put off by the prospect of difficult installation, loss of boot space, unreliability, and seemingly a small but significant fire risk.

Apart from those things, the bottom line is you can buy an awful lot of petrol for $2000, so unless you are installing in a newish car you may not own the vehicle long enough to enjoy a payback.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Peter2673 said:

Hi

No experience of this particular kit, but I looked at such kits for my old prius before buying one of the very first plug in priuses in 2012.

Things may have improved, but back then I was put off by the prospect of difficult installation, loss of boot space, unreliability, and seemingly a small but significant fire risk.

Apart from those things, the bottom line is you can buy an awful lot of petrol for $2000, so unless you are installing in a newish car you may not own the vehicle long enough to enjoy a payback.

Thanks for Your info. and commitment.

I've comed to realize that this type of "upgrade" seems to risky, if possible at al nowdays,  and that it's probably a much better idea to trade in either our Prius PHEV 2015 gen 1 for an gen 2 or trade in both our  gen1 and our Prius+ 2017 for a new RAV 4 PHEV (can just afford one car in that case).

Like or cars though so there is a lot to consider.