Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing Warning

Chattacks

Just a warning to all (I'm sure most do) but make sure you have checked online at what Toyota servicing costs should be.

I know this and have checked this before... so today was a failed attempt and trying to rip someone off. Not by Toyota but by Listers dealerships. I enquire about a service and get told its £30 more than it should be. When I enquire as to why its more than the cost of Toyota UK's website first there were denials about what website and it must be wrong. In the end after finding out they are trying to charge for a engine/injector clean as part of the service they decide to honor Toyota UK's price. If someone doesnt know any better they'll try and rip you off. I doubt anything will happen but I will be passing a complaint to Toyota GB about this incident.

Having the same issue them quoting a full service cost of £260 when all mine requires is a oil change and their health check some dealerships like to rip people off - the nail in the tyre is another one they use to get more money out of you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 5:35 PM, Chattacks said:

Just a warning to all (I'm sure most do) but make sure you have checked online at what Toyota servicing costs should be.

I know this and have checked this before... so today was a failed attempt and trying to rip someone off. Not by Toyota but by Listers dealerships. I enquire about a service and get told its £30 more than it should be. When I enquire as to why its more than the cost of Toyota UK's website first there were denials about what website and it must be wrong. In the end after finding out they are trying to charge for a engine/injector clean as part of the service they decide to honor Toyota UK's price. If someone doesnt know any better they'll try and rip you off. I doubt anything will happen but I will be passing a complaint to Toyota GB about this incident.

I had this added to my interim service but when I queried this with listers service advisor he said that Toyota recommends a engine flush and injector clean. He also went on to say and he is right that these engines use a timing chain which relies on a good supply of oil to prevent premature ware. The oil pick up in the sump has a mesh filter on it and these can get carboned up.

now wether this is justified on a low mileage car probably not mine has 17000 I assume that when the vehicle reaches 5 years old is when they do it, but they should ask first if you want it done. I will make sure to ask next time. Have decided to trade in Auris for a new excel corolla got a good deal from listers as they matched  the offer from carwow, they tried to sell me the paint protection now that is a waste of time  and expensive you can buy the same products on eBay for about £30 to £40

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, flash22 said:

...the nail in the tyre is another one they use to get more money out of you

My dealer has signs up saying that if a puncture is repairable, they repair it free, and have done so for me several times.

Of course, if the nail is in the shoulder area, then it does mean a new tyre.

I've bought most of my tyres from my dealer over the last 18 years and they've been very competitive.  In fact, when I worked in London I needed four tyres as winter approached and wasn't able to get to my dealer for a few weeks, and a London tyre shop actually agreed to price match my dealer!

On 2/20/2020 at 7:26 PM, Rosgoe said:

I had this added to my interim service but when I queried this with listers service advisor he said that Toyota recommends a engine flush and injector clean. He also went on to say and he is right that these engines use a timing chain which relies on a good supply of oil to prevent premature ware. The oil pick up in the sump has a mesh filter on it and these can get carboned up.

now wether this is justified on a low mileage car probably not mine has 17000 I assume that when the vehicle reaches 5 years old is when they do it, but they should ask first if you want it done. I will make sure to ask next time. Have decided to trade in Auris for a new excel corolla got a good deal from listers as they matched  the offer from carwow, they tried to sell me the paint protection now that is a waste of time  and expensive you can buy the same products on ebay for about £30 to £40

Please dont see my comments as having a go at you but...

If Toyota recommend such a service item surely it would have been included/been part of the pricing. So a Toyota service would cost £220 and not £190? From Toyota's side if it affected warranty/reliability I would assume it was mandatory.

It sounds similar to the scam in the US/Canada where people seem to do oil and oil filter changes every 6 months because the dealership(franchised manufacturer) recommend it. I do agree at 5 years old or something its fine but at service 1 trying to sneak it in without explanation was very underhanded...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links