Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Electric Window motor

Chris-M

The window on the driver's side door on my 2009 IQ2 jammed last week. I took it apart and found the window regulator had self-destructed. Bought new one online which is an updated design to original - and probably much better for it and attached old window motor.

Unfortunately the motor is now intermittent. When it does work, it winds the window down OK, but struggles to wind it up. I'm guessing that the regulator problem probably caused damage to the motor.

I have replaced the brushes in the motor to see if that would help, and greased the motor mechanism, but no improvement, so I guess I need a new motor.

Does anyone have a spare, or know where I could get one (not at main dealer prices!)? eBay showing one for £150 at the moment 😞

Does anyone know if an Aygo motor would be compatible? They're cheap in comparison.

Many thanks

Chris

Have you cleaned the rubbers/runners and lubed them with a silicone or ptfe spray eg. GT85 ?

Toyota list the motor as part of the mech 69810-74020 or 69810-74021

on the motor its self is Denso T3001 062020-1290 and toyota part No. 85710-74020

Edit. Search on eBay for "2009 IQ breaking" brings up a few just ask the seller, if cleaning and a lube doesn't work (the rubbers go sticky)

Thanks flash22 - I'm just going to grab some GT85 and give it a try

Just tried it sand no difference unfortunately. I think the motor has had it..