Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De Badgeing the "Hybrid HD"

bruce e

No problems with my car thankfully. So anyone thinking of using Car Park 1 at B'ham airport in the near future can probably breathe a little easier 🙂

Andrue, the tea leafs were on holiday same time as you, probably engaging in pick pocketing at the same time. You managed to come back with your wallet, and/or your Rolex?

• 8 months later...

Hi, new joiner , hope you don't mind me jumping on this old thread. We just had the Cat stolen from our Auris 😞

I am going to remove the Hybrid badges but does anyone know how to remove the blue highlights on the main Toyota logos?

Obviously I could go over it with a sharpie but seems a bit of a bodge.. ?

Thanks

Jimi

11 hours ago, MrMintyFresh said:

Hi, new joiner , hope you don't mind me jumping on this old thread. We just had the Cat stolen from our Auris 😞

I am going to remove the Hybrid badges but does anyone know how to remove the blue highlights on the main Toyota logos?

Obviously I could go over it with a sharpie but seems a bit of a bodge.. ?

Thanks

Jimi

Hi and welcome to the club. Sorry  to hear you have been targeted too, it’s just insane how thieves are helping themselves and authorities does nothing to stop this grey business. Debadge the car is of great importance, but remember some late Toyota models has sensors built in the front emblem, if your car is one of those do not touch front Toyota emblem and only remove the blue background of the rear emblem and all hybrid badges. To remove the emblems you will need a hairdryer , some old credit cards and plastic pray tools, and something to clean the residue left from the double sided tape. You will need a double sided tape to put the rear emblem back and black foil to use as background. 

B4DD49A0-C165-40A8-86E4-B4E4A36BFF0C.jpeg

36491159-0741-45AE-8E6A-574C6EB7A1A3.jpeg

0644408F-0520-4944-8ECD-2C933D036ED5.jpeg

DACAABE9-E061-4012-8B71-7CD52C42D009.jpeg

Many thanks Tony for your response.

Can I ask regarding the big Toyota Badge at the back , once you have removed it from the rear using credit card or wire does it just come apart into the separate pieces?

Also what is the black foil you mentioned? On Amazon I can only see black pallet wrap come up.

Thanks

Jimi

30 minutes ago, MrMintyFresh said:

Many thanks Tony for your response.

Can I ask regarding the big Toyota badge at the back , once you have removed it from the rear using credit card or wire does it just come apart into the separate pieces?

Also what is the black foil you mentioned? On Amazon I can only see black pallet wrap come up.

Thanks

Jimi

Hi,

the blue background will come loose eventually once you have the emblem off the car, you may need to wiggle a bit and push it out.  Here is the foil wrap that I use: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191836531121 and here we have the double sided tape that helped attach the emblem back onto the car. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323997363900

My one turned out very good indeed, any garage I have been including Toyota main dealer I spark debate what exactly model is my car 😂, hopefully will trick the thieves too. Here is some tutorials how to, it’s for Prius and on the front but you will get an idea how to. 👍 

Regards 

2 hours ago, MrMintyFresh said:

That is so helpful - thanks Tony 👍

You are welcome.👍

• 3 weeks later...

I've taken the hybrid badges off mine today and have the bits coming for the Toyota front and back badges. When people talk about sensors behind the front Badge, what sensors are there exactly. My model is a 2015 pre facelift icon so it doesn't have anything on it that seems to need a sensor unless they're there anyway.  Just want to be absolutely certain before I remove it.

If you can't immediately see anything you probably don't need to worry. You may have heard references to cars with adaptive cruise control like the current Corolla. They put the radar behind the front Badge.

• 2 years later...

Hi all. 

I noticed that the GR Hybrids have black front and back Toyota emblems.

I see a lot of people on here saying don’t touch the front one because of TSS.

obviously there are front emblems out there that are black and work with TSS so have anyone tried swapping them over?

just want to make the car unrecognisable as a hybrid as possible.

I’ve already fully debadged it. 

1 hour ago, Steven83 said:

Hi all. 

I noticed that the GR Hybrids have black front and back Toyota emblems.

I see a lot of people on here saying don’t touch the front one because of TSS.

obviously there are front emblems out there that are black and work with TSS so have anyone tried swapping them over?

just want to make the car unrecognisable as a hybrid as possible.

I’ve already fully debadged it. 

No need to worry more about it. At the end as long as it doesn’t says hybrid it’s fine. Thieves if stopped by they can run the number plate online and recognise it. I think you are good now. 👍

• Thanks 1

Very easy to remove the Hybrid badges when it's hot, I painted front and rear emblems with black Plasti Dip as well😄 , make it more difficult to recognise my car as a Toyota hybrid, particularly at night.👍

Screenshot_20230608_131510.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davidhee58 said:

Very easy to remove the Hybrid badges when it's hot, I painted front and rear emblems with black Plasti Dip as well😄 , make it more difficult to recognise my car as a Toyota hybrid, particularly at night.👍

Screenshot_20230608_131510.jpg

It’s the front one that’s the issue really because of the radar 

....and the front badges cost in excess of £300 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

....and the front badges cost in excess of £300 

Hi Kingo, as far as I know the radar sensor is behind the front Badge, which I didn't touch, just painted Badge with black Pasti Dip, do you think the paint will affect the sensor? but quite often I still get the red screen warning when I drive a bit fast and is approaching to something on side of the road, this means the radar sensor is working, right?

I am a little bit confused now 🤷‍♂️

Isn’t this the case anymore ?

The "Lidar" sensor is behind the Badge, but the Badge allows for the beam to pass through it, therefore it is not just an ordinary Badge. I would not do anything with the badge like painting it etc.

The Corolla has the Cat up on the manifold, so difficult to steal, however, some scroats have been known to cut off the silencer thinking it's a Cat, you can't fix stupid with some of these feral idiots 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

I am a little bit confused now 🤷‍♂️

Isn’t this the case anymore ?

Harder to steal yes, impossible…who knows 😆

id just like to take any attention off my car if possible.

but it probably is overkill.

saying that if I could have black badges and it wasn’t too expensive I would.

I never understand why car manufacturers seem to want to advertise exactly what’s under the bonnet.

I don’t have emblems on my house saying what size my TV is.

• Like 1

I think they need more badges! You have to confuse them! I was at the Enfield Car Pagaent last week (Sadly may be the last one thanks to KHAAAAN! :wallbash:), and there are stalls selling all sorts of badges - I bet if it had Hybrid Turbo Diesel 16v 911 Kompressor AMG STI WRX D4D VVTi VTEC TTE TDI TSI TFSI TDCI SE LE XE on the back they'd be too confused to do anything to it :laugh: 

• Haha 2

I'm lost, why buy a hybrid and then want to hide that it is one?

5 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I'm lost, why buy a hybrid and then want to hide that it is one?

To make it harder for cat thieves to spot it, as they prioritise hybrid Auris and Prius models

• Like 1

Haha, I have some collection here, Auris hybrid, hsd, turbo, sport and original Auris gen 2 rear Toyota emblem with blue hybrid insert. This can be removed and only Toyota logo used or perhaps any wrap on. 👍

• Like 1