Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Main Dealers

Hybrid8

Have found Weston Super Mare Howards Toyota Dealer to be fair, honest & trustworthy who provided a great service at a reasonable costing.

Even valeting the car and cleaned it all out nicely, friendly staff and knowledgeable.

Now the bad bit..................

Jemca at Croydon dishonest, untrustworthy and did not want to do just a service & MoT they wanted to up the bill at every cost.

Gave me a list of things they said was wrong with the car from car mats to colour of coolant & my dash cam fitting which was done professorially by Halfords was not too Toyota spec.  The list IF I had action-ed it was over £600 extra, but funnily all could be done that afternoon if I wished (it was 14:30), strange that.  I will avoid the Jemca Group now & the new Hybrid for my wife WILL NOT be bought from them.

Just do not understand the attitude Jemca had, do they not realise that customers go on sites like this or comparison sites & tell all?

Very disappointed in the approach they had, it was very money grabbing as said above!

All im going to say is. No comment

I have had dealings with Jemica - parts guys are good tho - sales and service on the other hand............................. And its group wide

Give beadles in Maidstone a try

Oh yes Jemca quoted me £130 for replacement Battery for key fob.

Parts bloke charged me £10 says it all.

38 minutes ago, Hybrid8 said:

Oh yes Jemca quoted me £130 for replacement battery for key fob.

But, you do get free coffee and WiFi while you wait.....

It was around 8 or so years ago that my local Toyota main agent quoted me £400 to replace the rear brake shoes on a Corolla. 

They had taken so long to give me that quote, that in the meantime I had noticed their 'fixed price service' menu board, which was sat on the floor behind their service reception counter. The menu price was around £100 for the same job. 

I pointed this out and was told that "yes, but the cheaper price won't be using genuine Toyota parts". 

Textbook! 

33 minutes ago, Gerg said:

pointed this out and was told that "yes, but the cheaper price won't be using genuine Toyota parts". 

I don't think that's true.

My recollection of main dealers is that they MUST use the parts supplied from the factory. i.e. Toyota branded parts.

Some manufacturers have a lower priced range of consumables (eg. Wiper Blades, brake pads, etc) which may be used by dealers, and these may not be manufactured by the same supplier they use for factory fit parts. For example Toyota Optifit range of Wiper Blades are made by Trico. 

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Some manufacturers have a lower priced range of consumables (eg. wiper blades, brake pads, etc) which may be used by dealers, and these may not be manufactured by the same supplier they use for factory fit parts. For example Toyota Optifit range of wiper blades are made by Trico. 

But, they still say Toyota on them.

Toyota don't make anything, they "assemble" things.

But these parts aren't the same as the OE parts.

As regards manufacture and assembly, not every component is supplied by outside suppliers.

Dealers need to make money and like with any manufacturers there are good and bad ones. My local dealer service department is very good and I find that prices from non-Toyota garages are not that lower. However, when I was changing the front brakes on my Prius 2 years ago, they wanted around 300£ to fit them. Went to the parts department and got the full set of front brakes (same part numbers) for 90£ and fitted by local garage for 70£. Wiper Blades are also cheaper than elsewhere and good quality (original Toyota / Lexus parts). It is just a matter of finding the Toyota dealer you can trust. Agree with FROSTYBALLS that service parts are not the same as used in the factory, but are the similar quality. And whenever I bought parts from Toyota I never been told that they have expensive and cheap parts, one part number  =  one product choice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stivino said:

My recollection of main dealers is that they MUST use the parts supplied from the factory. i.e. Toyota branded parts.

They can quote anything they like, the issue would be you KNOWING what was being fitted, for instance, your discs and pads are £230 Sir, pay here......thinking you had genuine parts but in fact fitting something cheap and cheerful. We would always quote genuine, after all, we have the Toyota name above the door and people expect genuine parts, however, some people cannot afford to run their cars and need a cheaper alternative, we would always try to accommodate the customers needs 

• Like 2

A prime example:

JLR Oil Filter say £30

Renault Oil Filter £10

Made in same factory, same code just one printed with Land Rover on it.

Jemca have lost me as a customer, but more importantly now as a trade customer to, probably only £100k

But other dealers seem very keen for our custom, it will mean a journey to service them but we do not get the feel we are being shafted & laughed at..

• Like 2

I know what you mean with Jemca, they won't be getting my trade again (parts guy are fine tho) 3 times they have failed to do the airbag recall

And i thought Nissan(renault) dealers where bad

For me, like everything else when buying...get at least THREE quotes!

My local dealer is very good and competitive. But even then, I managed to find another dealer 300 miles away with a cheaper quote for warranty , just take one phone call, and I am quids cheaper 🙂

agreed, there are good and bad dealers. 

just other week, saw a Yaris and emailed for details, I didn't get a reply until 24hours later, and the price went up overnight by £500 😳 

another dealer clearly stated online (cargurus.co.uk that it has reduced by £900), yet when I contact them, they still quoted me the original price, worse still their Toyota website still show the original price 😱

Not wishing to turn this thread into a dealer score chart I have used Howards at Weston for our Yaris and Rav and before that 2 Avensis and always found them to be top notch on all counts. I am ex motor trade so know a good and bad dealer - trust is a big thing and relationships are two way.

top notch as well is a Parts King !