Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodbye - Maybe not???

Mr Wolf

I recently part exchanged my Avensis and bought a 2019 SE Technology 1.5 TSI Skoda Superb Estate. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my Avensis, in fact the dealer has advertised it as in exceptional condition. I changed it simply because I felt like a change! I decided I couldn't wait for a Camry estate hence the Skoda. Must say however the Skoda seems better than the Avensis in most respects. And when I look at it sitting there on the drive I think, I only hope you'll be as faithful and reliable as my Avensis. This was my second Avensis Tourer and both were excellent and difficult to fault.

I signed up with the Skoda Owners forum and must say so far I'm disappointed, largely because there doesn't seem to be the same volume of owner postings. And I know it's early days, but haven't noticed the same level of interest, knowledge and expertise as there is here on the Toyota forums. 

Altogether I've enjoyed spending the last seven years using the Toyota Avensis forum and, I will continue to do so. Thanks to all you posters.

Best wishes

11 hours ago, Mr Wolf said:

I signed up with the Skoda Owners forum and must say so far I'm disappointed, largely because there doesn't seem to be the same volume of owner postings. And I know it's early days, but haven't noticed the same level of interest, knowledge and expertise as there is here on the Toyota forums. 

Is that the Briskoda site? If so, I'm surprised I used to post on there and found it pretty good back then. My Octavia was a 2007 model and although I liked it lot it was a bit of a 'Friday car' in terms of faults which is what led me to start buying Toyotas. I don't think my experience is necessarily typical though, and I've known a lot of people who've found Octavias to be very reliable.

Yes it is the Briskoda site. I've contributed 3 postings on different subjects in the last 10 days and none have elicited a response. I also introduced myself as a new member and got one response!

I bought the Superb partly for its enormous boot which has to cater for my large dog. There seems to be plenty of Skoda Superbs around as taxis so is a vote for their longevity. They have a good reputation for reliability but whether mine equals or betters my Avensis remains to be seen. But hoping for the best!

I used to be over on the vw vortex (its all vag) forums that was quite a busy site, tbh a lot of forums have gone quite the last few years

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links