Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thoughts on this Yaris T Sport please? URGENT

Davehal7

Hi Guys, 

I need your help my 2002 Yaris T sport has failed its MOT miserably it is in pretty poor condition done 120K bodywork is crap and will need 1500 to put right if not more. 

I love my T sport and it has lasted me the last 7 years without any issues other than wear and tear 

I have found a 2003 model up the road from me which looks in good condition but is priced high at £2900

Link is here - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201912105201766?advertising-location=at_cars&make=TOYOTA&model=YARIS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=1&postcode=me142uf&price-from=500&revisit=true&sort=relevance&trim=T Sport&selectedDid=9033&newApplicationVersion=true 

what are your thoughts on this please? 

I am viewing tomorrow morning so would appreciate fast replies 

cheers! 

Personally I wouldn't dream of spending anywhere near that on a 17 year old jap car.  Put the reg into wbac and see what it's really worth.

• Like 1

It sound well maintained but well overpriced.

The MOT record shows advisories on this plate for corrosion on springs and suspension arms. I would be sure to have a good look underneith before thinking about purchasing at any price.  My wifes 03 T Spirit despite having only 42k and being mechanically excellent was heavily corroded on the back axle beam, suspension arms, rear floors etc. Unwisely I bought it on a very wet day when I could not get to look underside. The first test had a long list of advisories all for corrosion. Fortunately several  days spent under with a finger sander and 5L of underseal & spray underseal underseal retrieved the situation at the next test otherwise I think it would have failed the test and thus become a scrapper at a very low mileage.

• Like 1

That's odd it had 2 mot's one in April then in December 2019 both passed - unless it's had some major work done in that time period (2k miles) or someone was looking to buy it - if so it been sitting around a while

it's had a fair bit of work done in its life

edit. £1200 trade so £1500-1800 retail

for my money i would go for a mk2 sr 1.8

• Like 1

Gentleman thanks for the input I looked at the vehicle and went on test drive was fine mechanically and no rust underneath new springs however there was loads of water in the boot where spare wheel is (common issue I know) bad condensation inside and only one complete key fob which was taped together defo not worth the price also looked at a clio 172 there with 50k Mille but had lights on dash and needed Battery was 3.5k!!

Stopped at Toyota dealership on way home and got an excellent vip offer of the new 1.5 petrol manual 2020 Yaris for delivery March 1st under scrappage scheme for £2000 discount for my miserably t sport plus a further 500 deposit contributions haggled on price and got free metallic paint for free .... Put the 3grand down for deposit on PCP with monthly payments at 175 for 42months and optional final payment of 4900 with all the additional add ons for protection and care at discounted prices 

May not be a tsport but all the extras (Sat nav, reversing camera heated windows) and the fact it's 5 door does suit me more with 3 kids and a husky! 

Happy man and glad I didn't make a stupid error ! 

• Like 1

That's not good, what sort price did they come down to, or didnt you ask ?

• Like 1

They wouldn't budge on the price even after I made then aware they never noticed water in boot and he said it happens to all old jap cars 😂😂 they were adamant it would sell at the listed price 

Well done-I think you were wise to walk away as leaks into the boot can be very difficult to find which is probably why it had not been fixed and until fixed you have fogging up of of glass inside, smell apart from aggressive rusting and possibly mould which is not at all healthy!

Your new motor sounds nice I hope it is good for you.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links