Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B9010 Gen 05 A program cannot be read. Please consult to a dealer

dwtdil

My Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D T180 5dr has a B9010 Navigation System. Recently, it had a flat Battery due to non-usage over Christmas. I got it jump started after which, the Navigation system and the Radio does not turn on. The navigation system takes a Map DVD Navigation Disc that is in working condition. I went through this forum for similar topics and was advised the following:

1. Unplug the negative on the Battery for a few minutes. Apply the brakes a few times to discharge. Plug the negative back on and turn on ignition

2. Unplug the positive on the Battery. Leave it overnight. Plug it back in and turn on ignition

3. Unplug both positive and negative on the battery. Leave it for a few hours. Plug them back on and turn on ignition

None of the above worked. I even got an after market navigation update dvd and a new battery. I doubt that these will help me.

Any other options you can suggest without breaking the bank??

Please help

IMG_20200205_102547.jpg

IMG_20200208_191615.jpg

Stupid question did you put it in the correct slot and there is nothing in the cd slot

Did the car not come with the dvd ?

it's either a poorly copied disc/low quality disc or the drive isn't reading the disc as its faulty or just needs cleaning, the laser in the drive do get weaker over time and fail to read copied discs

if you have a dvd recorder in your pc you may want to copy it to a better quality disc

No question is stupid 😀.

The Map DVD is inserted in the right slot. It was working before the Battery went flat. The Map DVD is original DVD that came with the car. I have included a pic above.

I did try an after market DVD that did not work either.

Any other suggestions?

i would think its a dirty drive as the dvd drive is only used to boot the system iirc

pull it apart and clean it or replace it

Hmm!  It was working perfectly fine until the Battery went flat. What are the odds of dvd drive going bad at the same time as the Battery going flat? 

If I remember correctly, my friend had a Mk2 Avensis with nav' system. He found the system not working and awaiting the boot disc. This after it went to a garage and the Battery was disconnected. In his case the disc was never in the drive. He had it in a folder along with the owners handbook. He loaded the disc and had to wait a long while for the initialization to be completed. Once everything was back to normal, not sure how long, the disc can be removed! This probably explains how the nav system works. The disc is never accessed once the internal memory has stored the data. Only when the memory is lost due to the Battery being disconnected, will the disc be needed. 

What I think has happened is the disc drive is not working properly or faulty faulty for while, but since the data disc was never needed to be accessed, the OP not aware until after the Battery died. 

This is  the reason Toyota and other manufacturers have moved away from CD/DVD drives. They can go wrong especially with age and in the harsh environment of the car. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's the one !! It needs the disc for a cold reboot only, to initialize the system

• 9 months later...

After surviving without my satnav unit during lockdown, I am now in need of a working radio and satnav system. I have found some used units with the same part number on eBay. Theres even a video showing how to replace it.

Before I buy it on eBay and try the replacement, I wanted to ask what code is required. Many of the sellers report the product is sold with no code. 

What does that mean?

• 1 year later...

Hello, did u manage to fix this issue?

As I see you have the radio panel down. Is it stucked there?