Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo ordered

Wiz201

I've taken the plunge and swapped my nil tax 2017 Aygo for a new 2020 plate X play Aygo with all the new features like the touch screen etc. I had enough equity built up so I had no deposit to pay either and monthly payments are essentially similar. Just a shame I'll have to start paying tax now 😞 

day-exterior-4_068.png

• Like 2

Congrats

Just ordered a new X-Cite for my wife who has always had a Yaris.

Had to upgrade her iPhone to work with the new Media Set-up.

The lower running costs will be great & I was surprised that the Road Tax is £130 for such a clean car.

Cannot wait for a Test Drive as the latest models are said to be more refined.

Tel

2 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Just ordered a new X-Cite for my wife who has always had a Yaris.

Had to upgrade her iPhone to work with the new Media Set-up.

The lower running costs will be great & I was surprised that the Road Tax is £130 for such a clean car.

Cannot wait for a Test Drive as the latest models are said to be more refined.

Tel

I didn't bother with a test drive as I didn't think there would be a massive difference in three years and I'm getting one regardless as I can't afford a Yaris.

Only driven the Aygo as a courtesy car & did not rate them against a Yaris.

However I was impressed when we visited the showroom & found the Aygo doors now Clunk rather than Clank .

Secondly Top Gear 2020 Aygo Review was positive which totally convinced me as they only ever praise Germanic Offerings.

NVH Value has been reduced, the steering & suspension tweaked .

Tel

I find the Yaris boring to drive in comparison, yes its smooth, but I prefer the Aygo's way of going. 

• Like 1

Fun car and agree a lot nicer to drive, loving my X-Trend Aygo 👍

Edited by Eddie G
Spelling mistake.
  • Like 1

Could someone tell me when all the new improvements were implemented on the latest models please.

1 minute ago, fordulike said:

Could someone tell me when all the new improvements were implemented on the latest models please.

The facelift was mid 2018

Just driven an X-Cite courtesy car & must say I was impressed.

The ride/handling is really good for such a small car & very similar to the Yaris in ride & controls with the handling approaching Mini quality.

From off, the engine has a pleasant thump & I found I tended to use the lower gears as their range is long.

The 15 mile outbound journey was a joy but then, just when my wife was going to drive us back it started snowing heavily.

On a good 2cms of snow the car excelled despite many drivers struggling to negotiate said obstacle (Traction Control excelled)

Still we get another drive when the weather improves.

Chuffed

Tel

• Like 2

Aygo is very good in snow with being light and also with having skinny tires. 

One point  that surprised me was there seemed to be no protection for reverse which seems odd (?)

Tel

Tel,

I took an x-cite for a test drive and I was pleasantly impressed with the drive and handling. Quite a fun little car, so I decided to order an x trend which has everything I need.

7 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

One point  that surprised me was there seemed to be no protection for reverse which seems odd (?)

What do you mean....... “no protection for reverse”

25 minutes ago, Catlover said:

What do you mean....... “no protection for reverse”

Some cars prevent one from mistakenly changing from, say, 5th gear to reverse - especially where reverse is opposite 5th.

Ah, I see. Didn’t know that. Wife had a 5 gear Yaris, which I drove at times. Can’t remember the configuration though.

In 2003 our Yaris had it's gearbox swopped because its reverse protection plate was imperfect.

The 3 Yaris since the lever has to be lifted to engage reverse.

Parked the Aygo test car facing a fence & went for a coffee.

The heavens opened snow blanketing the car park within a couple of minutes.

Got to the car & lifted then pushed down to engage reverse.

My wife was about to ring the garage when I said I'll go for it & even the camera image was good

On the second test drive tested the Speed Limiter System which is fine (?) Had CC & Radar CC for 20 years & SLS is just different.

And tested the Hill Brake Control which failed twice scaring my Babe. Apparently to engage, as you all know, you have to stop & Press down to engage. 

Chuffed

Tel

Can somebody confirm the cost of Insurance will be cheaper for an Aygo verses a Yaris as Toyota Insurance will not tell me until I get their new Quotation  in mid March.

Indeed our new X-Cite was not on their DataBase & they had to contact my Dealer !

Data Protection has gone mad

Tel

4 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Can somebody confirm the cost of Insurance will be cheaper for an Aygo verses a Yaris as Toyota Insurance will not tell me until I get their new Quotation  in mid March.

Indeed our new X-Cite was not on their DataBase & they had to contact my Dealer !

Tel

Not much difference, I used to drive a Yaris and insurance costs were similar. 

Mine was £20 cheaper that was going from a 1.5 Yaris down to a 1 litre Aygo. 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:48 PM, Tel 2 said:

Tel

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan