Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was your Auris Catalytic Converter stolen?

Wayne2015

Catalytic Converter Stolen: Which Gen/Version?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Generation?

• Gen1 (up to 2012)
    • Gen2 (from 2013)
    • Gen3 (out yet?)
  2. 2. Which Version?

• Hybrid
    • Petrol only (including 1.2t)
    • Diesel only

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

No , I believe in the forum space . There are a lot more gone for sure but in fact auris hybrids gen 1 are less popular with thieves.  Our one has its new cat fitted in less than a week time, was in stock in Watford dealer or the dealer was well prepared due to a high demand, we never knew. Prius all models but mostly gen 2 and gen 3 are top choice, then is Auris gen 2. Prius plus and Prius gen 4 comes after that. This is my observation. 

Mine was the Gen1 Auris - I am so unlucky then 😞

will I be unlucky again with my new Yaris too 🙏

Arranged to have the Toyota original catalytic converter mod to stop it being stolen, on Tuesday. £341 fitted, cheaper than a new cat.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

Arranged to have the Toyota original catalytic converter mod to stop it being stolen, on Tuesday. £341 fitted, cheaper than a new cat.

Hi Brian

Thanks

You got some pictures of the mod?

Hi. Re: Toyota auris hybrid 2013. Catalyst converter stolen. 

If this is such a big problem as it clearly is, why have the owners not been informed. Very disappointed as the car is immaculate to drive and own. I want to raise a complaint. 

2 hours ago, Hitz said:

If this is such a big problem as it clearly is, why have the owners not been informed. Very disappointed as the car is immaculate to drive and own. I want to raise a complaint.

Basically the issue isn't a safety issue - so no mandatory action re informing owners is required. Exactly the same for owners of cars who have smart entry on their cars, despite the fact that thousands have been stolen through weaknesses in the systems.

If you wish to raise a complaint, contact Toyota GB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hitz said:

Hi. Re: Toyota auris hybrid 2013. Catalyst converter stolen. 

What I would like to complain about is why the police do not seem to take much action when stolen cats reported, other then issue a incident ticket for your insurance company. Plus the fact councils should be enforcing the trade of "waste" metals, as per the legislation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

What I would like to complain about is why the police do not seem to take much action when stolen cats reported, other then issue a incident ticket for your insurance company. Plus the fact councils should be enforcing the trade of "waste" metals, as per the legislation.

I have to be honest, when my 'cat' got stolen, the police officer assigned to my case was quite pro-active 

He would call or leave messages on my phone. And kept me posted for several weeks ref progress (CCTV evidence, face recognised, known to the police, good chance of apprehending...

Until it went quiet, guess either lead went dead or lack of police resources ...🤔

They had their toilets stolen, so nothing to go on.🤣🤣🤣😂🤣

• Haha 4

What we need is the magnavolt protection system of robocop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

Seems expensive it should be fixed price of £250 inc vat 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malcster said:

Seems expensive it should be fixed price of £250 inc vat 

Well that is what I was quoted by Toyo Tech, as supplied to fit the Auris by Toyota 

9 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

Well that is what I was quoted by Toyo Tech, as supplied to fit the Auris by Toyota 

I work at Toyota and it's a fixed price for all catloc except early Prius 

And that's at ALL dealers

• Like 2

Had mine fitted on Friday 14th at Toyota £250. Came with stickers for the car window which states catloc fitted and on a registered data base.

• Like 1

I queried the price with Toyo Tech, as to it being a fixed price of £250. They have come back and apologized say they based it on the invoice, which when they looked was for 2 items and not one. So it will be less than the price of Toyota's price. Thanks for the heads up, as I would not have known.

And no, my one is still there hopefully till they fit the cat lock.

• Like 3

Poll says a DIESEL CAT was stolen

Intrigue to know when ? 🤔

I am blaming ALDI for all these stolen Catalytic converters.  In their store today are hydraulic car trolley jacks for £19.99.  Cheap as chips, no wonder thefts are increasing, almost tempted to get one and a grinder and set up in business.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Aldi also do lovely cheese cakes 😋

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

I am blaming ALDI for all these stolen Catalytic converters.  In their store today are hydraulic car trolley jacks for £19.99.  Cheap as chips, no wonder thefts are increasing, almost tempted to get one and a grinder and set up in business.

I thought you already had, what with your username!:laugh: An insider to pass on Hybrid locations from users profiles!:biggrin::biggrin:

James.:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hadn’t thought of that James- Catlover 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Hadn’t thought of that James- Catlover 😄

Sorry, couldn't resist!

James:thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 10:10 AM, Brian Austin said:

I queried the price with Toyo Tech, as to it being a fixed price of £250. They have come back and apologized say they based it on the invoice, which when they looked was for 2 items and not one. So it will be less than the price of Toyota's price. Thanks for the heads up, as I would not have known.

And no, my one is still there hopefully till they fit the cat lock.

Had the Cat Loc fitted today. Price was same as Toyota's £250 fitted incVAT. I saw the unit and looks a bit of substantial kit, Invoice stated that the unit was £184.45 and £24.15 labour plus AT. He told me that they pay more than a dealer for the unit, as they price them less than that for dealers. Comes with card which gives unique code if vehicle is stolen or the cat. The bolts are tamper proof, unless they are drilled out after installation 

• Like 2

POLL: Another Gen2 then...🤔

On 2/16/2020 at 8:57 PM, Bob110023 said:

Had mine fitted on Friday 14th at Toyota £250. Came with stickers for the car window which states catloc fitted and on a registered data base.

Which will alert Mr Scumbag, when pre "casing" the vehicle, that he/she will need to bring extra tools/equipment to remove the "security" device too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Auris 68 plate Hybrid was relieved of its cat from outside my house 2 days ago. Seems my local dealer is waiting for 40 cats to be delivered - I’m in the queue. Have been given a loan car for as long as it takes. Now I know about the catlok I’ll have one fitted but I gather they can’t protect the car if thieves use cutting equipment and they may well return when a new cat is fitted I fear. Maybe best to buy the Yaris hybrid where it seems the cat is located in the engine bay so inaccessible almost. Hope the 20 version has it similarly located....

• Like 2