Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone here who has pre ordered RAV 4 PHEV Yet ?

HSDish

Anyone here who has pre ordered RAV 4 PHEV Yet ?

Not due to be introduced until the second half of 2020 and as far as I'm aware, no on-sale dates have been released.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not due to be introduced until the second half of 2020 and as far as I'm aware, no on-sale dates have been released.

Sorry. didn't know. Here in Sweden You can pre order RAV 4 PHEV by now

Edited first topic

Not possible in The Netherlands yet. But:

Wow. My dealer just pre-ordered a demo car for his showroom. Turns out only 50 (!!!) cars in total will be shipped this year to The Netherlands! So not every dealership becomes one, because the customer (pre)orders take precedence and will be sold directly.

And the price? He showed his actual order to me, a Dynamic duotone trim in Ash Grey with panoramic roof and every possible option. Please hold yourself... Pricetag is almost € 63.000 (£ 53.475) !!! The HV Dynamic i own with technology - and protection pack was last year £ 46.684. So almost £ 7.000 more expensive... And still not a clue if all taxes are included.

Unbelievable... 

Its inevitable I guess when you add a big Battery costing several thousands and keep everything else already in the car.

Mine cost about of £36,500. I can't see the PHEV costing less than £43500 so its sadly going to make the Outlander and Ford Kuga PHEV's look good value as they will be a lot cheaper. The RAV PHEV is going to be over what our company permits I suspect

• 5 months later...

"Anyone here who has pre ordered RAV 4 PHEV Yet ?"

Extract from a Toyota GB dated 23rd July 2020 post on Toyota UK Blog:

"We appreciate that you are very keen to learn more about the RAV4 Plug-In Hybrid, but we currently have no new information on specific dates or pricing.
We can confirm that it is due to be introduced in the second half of 2020, and sales are still predicted to begin in early 2021."

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Extract from a Toyota GB dated 23rd July 2020 post on Toyota UK Blog:

"We appreciate that you are very keen to learn more about the RAV4 Plug-In Hybrid, but we currently have no new information on specific dates or pricing.
We can confirm that it is due to be introduced in the second half of 2020, and sales are still predicted to begin in early 2021."

Ohhh. In Sweden You have been able to pre order RAV 4 Plug In for several months now. Haven't heard about any specific delivering date though.

Heard from my local dealer that they probably get their "demo" in mid august, but that was said in the begining of june.

I'll try to speak to my local dealer tomorrow

Swedish pricing are set to 499.990 sek ( 43877.2 GBP I think)  lowest trim level - 595.990 sek ( 52303.2 GBP I think) highest trim level

On 2/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, Rav Rob said:

...I can't see the PHEV costing less than £43500...

That's what I think too.   Sadly, it also means that if I pay a small fortune to buy a car that will be better for the environment, I will be hit with the annual VED (Excise Duty or Road Tax) payable on cars with a list price over £40k.

Also, if they follow the UK's pattern of the Prius PHEV, the RAV4 PHEV/Prime or whatever they call it here may not be available with the nice interior colours or Excel trim features.  Plus, with different size tyres, and insufficient space under the boot floor for a full size spare (but at least it's got one - in the US anyway), I won't be able to keep my full size alloy spare or winter tyres.

The one thing I really wish I had (after 10  years in the Prius Gen 3 & 4 is a Head Up Display, sadly lacking in the RAV4.  After a year and 10,000 miles I still really hate not having it on my RAV and wish I could shoot someone at Toyota for not making it an option.  BUT, in the US, you only get a HUD if you order an upgrade pack that comes with a panoramic roof, which I absolutely don't want.

In Sweden You still get 44.000 sek ( 3.850.5 GBP I think) in grant (after six mounths) if You buy an Rav 4 PHEV

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links