Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty Cover

Cbatoday

My Corolla is around 8 months old and the drivers wiper blade is starting to smear I have tried cleaning area on screen and wiper blade but its still there

Called in at the dealers and was told this is a wear and tear item and not covered under the warranty.

if I buy a new wiper blade this would be covered under the 12 months parts and labour warranty by toyota wouldn't it so why is the original one not covered 

2 hours ago, Cbatoday said:

My Corolla is around 8 months old and the drivers wiper blade is starting to smear I have tried cleaning area on screen and wiper blade but its still there

Called in at the dealers and was told this is a wear and tear item and not covered under the warranty.

if I buy a new wiper blade this would be covered under the 12 months parts and labour warranty by toyota wouldn't it so why is the original one not covered 

The new blade would be covered in exactly the same way, for manufacturing defects, wear and tear is not covered at all, for anything. Blades often need replacing over the winter, grit, frost do their worst for the rubber part of the blade 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

The new blade would be covered in exactly the same way, for manufacturing defects, wear and tear is not covered at all, for anything. Blades often need replacing over the winter, grit, frost do their worst for the rubber part of the blade 

I always thought the rubber part gets too rigid to do its work well, and that the sun did more damage, making the rubber hard.

I guess i should get a new pair too. Quite nice explanation.

• Like 1

Yes the sun does dry out the rubber, but far more damage is caused in the winter with grit/ice/use A pair of genuine blades will cost £21 on a Corolla 

• Like 1

...and of course Tyres,  Brake Pads, Brake Discs, Clutch, even Bulbs* etc  are similarly classed as wear and tear items, unless manufacturing defects are proven.

*Well accoding to a neighbour who bough a brand new Clio  from  an Arnonld Clark dealership  and after  6 months was refused a free tail light bulb replacement when one failed  !

Or , how to loose a customer for a £1 bulb !

I have a commercial vehicle from Mercedes, and the interior light bulbs kept blowing. They just kept changing them over, no problem. I was prepared to pay, but they said no. It is the little things that mean a lot to customers. Shame their car section sales were so up their own ***'s, that I didn't buy an A250 from them, dropped into Toyota instead, and the rest is history...

got a price of toyota for wipers drivers £32.43 plus vat passengers £10.32 plus vat

told me with some discount they could do both for £48.74 inc vat

expensive Wiper Blades every 8 months

That price is WRONG, tell them to price it correctly, Toyota do Optifit blades at about £21.00 

Give me a call, I can post you some out for a few quid more 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parts-King said:

That price is WRONG, tell them to price it correctly, Toyota do Optifit blades at about £21.00 

Give me a call, I can post you some out for a few quid more 👍

thanks for replying, spoke to my local toyota garage and he tells me the optifit blades are not an option for the 2019 corolla sports tourer and only oe are available at said price

4 minutes ago, Cbatoday said:

thanks for replying, spoke to my local toyota garage and he tells me the optifit blades are not an option for the 2019 corolla sports tourer and only oe are available at said price

Parts-King works for a Toyota dealer ..........

Although it may help if your profile showed you have  a Corolla Touring Sport rather than stating only 'Corolla'.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Parts-King works for a Toyota dealer ..........

ordered 2 drivers side ones from eurocar parts inc free delivery. be interesting what arrives in the post

wipers.thumb.png.7b7edaf6d31c3577da87b7744578fe24.png

10 minutes ago, Cbatoday said:

I would have thought the main difference between Corolla hatch and the Corolla sports tourer was rear of the drivers door, not the front. If that assumption is correct the front Wiper Blades should be no different. Parts King will clarify no doubt.

• Like 2

They are talking through their RRR's, sorry, some parts people know how to let the job down, rant over 

36 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

They are talking through their RRR's, sorry, some parts people know how to let the job down, rant over 

how can I order through yourself

Give me a call on 01978 720074 (ask for John AKA Kingo) 

Same goes with me. I have to replace it with my own pocket every now and then. No longer covered by the warranty.

Wiper Blades are that part of a car that needs change first and more often, every 6 months if car is properly used daily or every 12 months with service. In some rare cases wipers can last ages but you need to keep the car in garage or away from sun and wash it regularly. Best way to prolong the life of Wiper Blades is to clean them while washing the car , just lift up the wiper put the washing mitt under it  and slide, let the weight and sprung of the arm press the wiper against the mitt, do not touch the rubber by hands or try to clean it with anything else. Wiper Blades rubber has special coating that once removed wipers will not work properly, they will become noisy and will smear the windshield. 

On 2/12/2020 at 10:21 AM, Parts-King said:

Give me a call on 01978 720074 (ask for John AKA Kingo) 

Hi thanks for the help with the wiper blade part numbers.

I rang my local dealers who were positive only oe wipers could be used on my car quoting around £50 for replacement and would need to be ordered in

I quoted the part numbers you gave me and indeed confirmed the price to be £21 and in fact had these in stock !!

As this was my first purchase for my car I think the original quote of £50 and not having them in stock would have had me going to an aftermarket source and would have put me off purchasing future parts from a toyota franchise due to high costs

Thanks again john

On 2/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, Cbatoday said:

ordered 2 drivers side ones from eurocar parts inc free delivery. be interesting what arrives in the post

wipers.thumb.png.7b7edaf6d31c3577da87b7744578fe24.png

well the 2x drivers Wiper Blades I ordered from euro car parts arrived today and look spot on and at £1.56 each including free delivery seem a bit of a bargain for valeo wipers

20200219_133610.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Denso manufacture Wiper Blades for Toyota. I ordered spares for my 2019 RAV4. The new blades are exactly the same as the original fitted blades, and a lot cheaper than Toyota dealer blades.

i purchased the blades from CarParts4Less and these are their part numbers and prices for the RAV4

Denso Hybrid Blade 26 Inch

Toyota Rav-4 2.5 2019

SR19FEF

£17.37

Denso Hybris Blade 16 Inch

Toyota Rav-4 2.5 2019

SR19FEF

£7.27

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 11:28 AM, Cbatoday said:

My Wiper Blades have be crap since day one. 69 plate....

My blades are crap too. On my old cars they could last 60.000 miles. On the Corolla they scream unless rain is falling pretty heavy.