Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Aygo key

Richard 1960

Hi, my daughter has just got herself an Aygo as a runaround (usually drives a Renault Master LWB, bit of a difference). All seems fine, but it only came with 1 key-non remote. Did all models have remote locking, and if so, can a new key be synched to it without already having one, and does the non remote have a chip in it ? it's the GO! variant.

Both types of key will have a transponder.

You can get it cut but most dealers will charge up to £200 for the key look in the manuals will have a code for dealer to use

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Will locking the car manually set the alarm (if it has one) as usually on the cars I've had/have there is a flashing red light on the dash, but not on this, I had a good look in the dark-nothing.

The Aygo has an immobiliser as standard rather than an alarm, and this will be set automatically when the ignition is turned off.

Thanks for the replies, I will let her decide, may just get another non remote key.

• 2 weeks later...

I lost the non-remote key for my 2012 Aygo a couple of years ago and the cost for a replacement was £27.05 for the key itself and £45 for the coding.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links