Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CarPlay not working?

Bikelife

Got my Corolla Grand Tourer 2.0 Design today, only driven home from work but loving the drive, one thing I just can’t get to work is CarPlay... it’s in the settings menu but just won’t work when I plug it in? I’ve tried a couple of different cables, wireless CarPlay setup, deleting all restrictions on the phone but nothing, any ideas?

EBB94AA3-66DC-4CB0-A663-09F39B9B49FE.jpeg

Isn't there an issue with the lOS 13 update and Carplay.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Isn't there an issue with the lOS 13 update and Carplay.

That would make sense, there was an iOS update last week, it was working fine in my VW this afternoon frustratingly!

Just turned on my iPad and there was a software update, not there last night, available, taking it to iOS 13.3.1.  Hope this sorts your problem.

13.3.1 was last week's update.

DevonAygo posted something about how to set up carplay - it's also in the user manual.

14 minutes ago, rafletcher said:

13.3.1 was last week's update.

Might have been last weeks update for you but it was today’s update for me.           I didn’t look for an update, it was a message on my iPad this morning, but the same message was not on my iPhone.                
Must be Apple sends out notification of updates at different times, presumably so their servers are not overloaded at any particular time..

I found out that if siri is disabled on iPhone carplay won`t work. We were wondering why friends iPhone doesn`t connect in other friends polo. When he enabled siri it started to work. 🙂

Okay, seems I’m in line for the golden spanner award! The Corolla has two USB ports... I found the one under dash today having been in the car for the first time in daylight!

Thank you all for your ideas 👌👍

C39D8F0B-1B84-431E-874B-8BBDEBBCD3C6.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bikelife said:

Okay, seems I’m in line for the golden spanner award! The Corolla has two USB ports... I found the one under dash today having been in the car for the first time in daylight!

Thank you all for your ideas 👌👍

C39D8F0B-1B84-431E-874B-8BBDEBBCD3C6.jpeg

"two USB's"  got the one under the dash but where is the second?

There’s one in the armrest next to the 12v accessory socket in mine. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links