Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Infotainment

Buff69

Hi, so I have played some of my hidef music in our RAV4 and it sounds great 👍. on here somewhere someone has played video (while parked up), so has anyone else played video if so how did you do it, did you download to usb stick or just plug your phone in via a usb lead, also wondering if this has to be enabled via the dealership cheers all 

Just put a video on a USB stick. Can listen to audio when not in Park, but can only see the video when it’s in park.

not sure if it will work (though I don’t see why not) by using your phone

33 minutes ago, Rob88 said:

Just put a video on a USB stick. Can listen to audio when not in Park, but can only see the video when it’s in park.

not sure if it will work (though I don’t see why not) by using your phone

Been trying to download a vid on to the usb but everything i have is copy protected so just thought I’d ask as the wife has the car so can’t see for myself just yet

It depends on how good you are at 'sourcing' videos. Not had any issue with avi or mkv format content.

Issues are there is a scroll bar that can pop up but it doesn't work so difficult to jump to a place in the movie, you can fast forward though like you can a music track.

One interesting thing is how good some movies sound in the car, the standard sound system is reallypretty good! and you can have it as loud as you like 😉 

• Thanks 1

I bought some software that can back up dvds to an MPEG format (I think MPEG anyway). I Do a lot of miles and like to use it to listen to programs I’ve seen 100’s of times so I can just picture it while I listen. Older bbc comedies, the old Top Gear specials, stuff like that. Makes sitting in the car for a few hours just fly by. 

also it’s great for when your sat waiting somewhere for the mrs Doing whatever and taking ages. 

I agree that the standard sound system is actually pretty good. Way better than I was expecting. Was using a brand new Hilux for work for a few months and the standard sound system in that was terrible, and I was concerned it was a generic Toyota system. So pleased the Ravs is better

• Thanks 1