Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DPF not able to clean due to limp home mode.

Mikeyjd

Our car recently started to show the following lights. CEL 4X4 VSC. Car drove fine at first then started to go into limp mode after a few minutes of driving each time it is started. I took it to a garage I know and they put the fault tester on it. Fault was diagnosed as excess soot and they cleared the fault. So I poured a bottle of DFP cleaner in the fuel and started to drive the car at a decent speed to try to clean the DPF. Unfortunately the lights reappeared shortly after and the car goes into limp mode so I cannot maintain a decent speed for long enough to try to clean out the DPF. Any suggestion? I have seen garages offering a DPF cleaning service, is it worthwhile trying? Alternatively I have seen new DPF on eBay for about £270.

Edited by Mikeyjd
mispelling

Toyota couldn’t clean mine, I got a new DPF for the price you say. How old is the car?

On 2/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, Dippy said:

Toyota couldn’t clean mine, I got a new DPF for the price you say. How old is the car?

Was it a straight swap or do any sensors etc have to be reset?

Sorry I don’t know. My mileage was about the same as yours, perhaps 90k. 

Put it into a forced regen with a scan tool that should clear it, tbh you need to know the fault codes, these engines are well known for 5th injector issues they either go full open and dump loads of fuel or fully closed what means no regen

A blocked dpf is just a symptom it may not be the cause

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links