Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your next Corolla? New Toyota GR Corolla hot hatch.

Timmon

Not a Hybrid. The new (proposed?) 250bhp Corolla will give the car the performance the new chassis deserves.  I wonder if this will tempt some of the German hot hatch owners?

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/corolla/104846/new-toyota-corolla-grmn-hot-hatch-likely-to-join-range?fbclid=IwAR3T4Tu3CwvG5CGm0OaCCuRNfbH-6pj8wny36kiFaa69f-nMznuK6TTxQI8

2019-Toyota-Corolla-Hatchback-SEMA-Super-Street-3272.jpg

• Like 2

Over 250bhp from a 3 cylinder engine sounds interesting! It's a shame it won't be available until 2023.

• Like 2

Same hp as the yaris? That's a little weird. Although it does have the same hp as the golf gti perfomance and a little less hp than the focus st. It propably wont have the carbon fiber polymer and aluminium that the yaris uses. I feel like toyota won't go as crazy with the corolla as they did with the yaris. Although i would like to see the corolla with those wide arches that the gr yaris has, would be make it look badass.

• Like 1

Perhaps the Corolla GR will have a wider availability that the Yaris, which I read was likely to get into "5 figures", ie just over 10,000 worldwide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rafletcher said:

Perhaps the Corolla GR will have a wider availability that the Yaris, which I read was likely to get into "5 figures", ie just over 10,000 worldwide.

Yes that's what i was thinking as well. I just hope it wont be too expensive. Although a fully loaded corolla already costs a little over 30k. 

• Like 1

Carwow reckons £50k in the U.K.  😳

• Like 1

Having read further a run of 25,000 is required for homologation. And other sites have it priced at 35-40k. That’s not so bad. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links