Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dog Guard Recommendations

JanetDoodle

Sorry new member here are we’ve just got our RAV4 excel 4WD. I’ve done a good search but can’t find what I need

I need a dog guard and wondered if anyone has any recommendations? The Halfords one gets a great review but someone says they couldn’t fit it to their RAV4? I want one we can easily remove so we can get the bikes in the back when we don’t have the dogs. I also want one that will allow us to keep and make use of the parcel shelf thingy when the dogs aren’t in the car

Any advice appreciated - Thx

Thanks - yeah we priced those up and it made my eyes water. Was hoping for something a bit cheaper than the Toyota one 🤷‍♀️

On 2/15/2020 at 1:27 PM, JanetDoodle said:

Thanks - yeah we priced those up and it made my eyes water. Was hoping for something a bit cheaper than the Toyota one 🤷‍♀️

Hi please let us know how you get on as we would like one to 👍 cheers

I've just received the Toyota original equipment one today.

No instructions with the thing mind, but will have a try fitting it anyway as I probably wouldn't have looked at them being gormless and impatient.

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 4:07 PM, Trophyhusband said:

No instructions with the thing mind, but will have a try fitting it anyway as I probably wouldn't have looked at them being gormless and impatient.

Ooooh ace. Let us know how you go. Interested if it can be simply removed once fitted and whether the parcel shelf still fits 👍

Toyota dog guard installation instructions....  here you are.

The details on the drawings are not that clear, but if you look at page 5, the indents left and right for the parcel shelf bar might be visible.

RAV4_DogGuard_PW255_42000_AIM_004_320_0.pdf

10 minutes ago, Thermal said:

Toyota dog guard installation instructions....  here you are.

The details on the drawings are not that clear, but if you look at page 5, the indents left and right for the parcel shelf bar might be visible.

RAV4_DogGuard_PW255_42000_AIM_004_320_0.pdf 4.16 MB · 1 download

This is great - thanks. Deffo a permanent solution and not something that can be simply removed to drop the seats to throw in a couple of bikes. We just got rid of our Volvo XC60 for the Rav4 and the solution for the Volvo was really simple 😔 looks like the Travall is the one for us then

In our RAV4.3 I used the free luggage net. I really didn’t like the way the Toyota guard mounted half way between seat backs and rear window, it reduced the space for dog to sit up and look around (tall Weimaraner, big dog). The net still mounted in the wrong place but at least sagged down to allow his head space above the bar. I think finally as he got older and just went to sleep for any journey, we took it out and just put headrests up to make the gap too small for him to jump through. 

I used the Halfords one. Far cheaper than the Toyota. It also breaks down and fits underneath the floor, assuming you haven’t got a spare wheel. 

On 2/18/2020 at 4:07 PM, Trophyhusband said:

Hi can you recline the rear seats when the dog Gard is fitted ? And can the parcel shelf still be used ? please many thanks 

Wanted to report back on where we got to. 

We went for that Travall dog guard in the end. They have some really good reviews.

The website is very specific about your car selection and the units I believe are all custom sized so you need to pick the correct model/year/etc otherwise the guard won’t fit.

https://www.travall.co.uk/

Just fitted the bugger and once you figure out the couple of pieces you need to assemble, it’s a good solid unit. The back seats are fine with no restrictions and the parcel shelf thingy fits too (hurrah).

Its not cheap - £140 plus £5 postage but it looks good, it’s pretty solid and there’s no drilling - not driven the car since it’s been fitted so will report back any issues - Hope this helps 

• Thanks 2

• 3 years later...

Hi has anyone found a dog guard & divider that fits the newer rav4 hybrids please - tall dog