Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CAT THEFT ON THE INCREASE!

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All

Apparently there has been a massive rise here in Leicestershire in Regards to theft of catalytic converters...I assume nation wide too...its so worrying...and got me thinking...is it easy to steal the cat off my aygo...2008...gen 2 is it?

Saying that I put in a brand new toyota cat on my vehicle just last year...its positioned more or less at the top...and connected to the manifold...surely a thief wouldnt remove a front bumper and attack my cat would they?

I'm scared because they're targeting Toyotas...unsure which ones...and Hondas...mainly jazz models strangely

Your fine, its part of the exhaust manifold, as for the T270 i doubt it, they target hybrids due to the metals being less degraded and more pure

The aygo is not worth their time, if you see some of the videos they remove the cats in under a minute, its all marques that are affected not just Toyota

• Like 1

And, Sam, there is more then one other thread already on this forum, explaining some of the things an owner can do to protect their car, costing nothing, and also things that can protect that do incur a cost.

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Your fine, its part of the exhaust manifold, as for the T270 i doubt it, they target hybrids due to the metals being less degraded and more pure

The aygo is not worth their time, if you see some of the videos they remove the cats in under a minute, its all marques that are affected not just Toyota

Yes already covered covered Sams question on the Avensis forum - 

The Aygo and Avensis are the least targeted cars on the forum. 

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

And, Sam, there is more then one other thread already on this forum, explaining some of the things an owner can do to protect their car, costing nothing, and also things that can protect that do incur a cost.

I am so sorry to have wasted your time and by beginning a new topic already covered...how did I miss that one!!! I panicked in the moment. Any links to these threads discussing the issue anybody?

16 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

I am so sorry to have wasted your time and by beginning a new topic already covered...how did I miss that one!!! I panicked in the moment. Any links to these threads discussing the issue anybody?

You have not wasted my time. You was seeking info on the subject. You can relax more than the owners of the more targeted cars. 👍

7 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Not a problem, Sam. Just use the search magnifying glass at the top right, type in  theft  and you should get links to some threads specifically about cat thefts and other threads where cat thefts are mentioned. There is a lot of concern at the moment generally, but seems some areas, some cars, are being targeted more then others. As been said, it’s not so much the cat they after, it’s the precious metals inside they are after. These precious metals help to keep the nasty emissions low but to the thief they are a good earner.