Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav and Cruise Control

mprcomp

We are looking at replacing my wife's Renault Zoe and seen a 15 plate Toyota Auris Hybrid. Seems to fit bill but sat nav isn't enabled even though advert said it was. So is it possible to replace it with an aftermarket unit that will still connect up to camera? If so which one are people using and how much do you pay?

Secondly I can't believe they don't come with Cruise control on them. I can see from online videos that you can get a stalk and install that. How can I tell if it's pre wired so don't have to pay a fortune to have it installed?

Thanks,

Paul 

What model is it ? There are plenty about so shop around also check your insurance costs as there has been a bump in price due to CAT thefts that effect the Auris and Prius, also consider getting a Cat lock fitted

It must be a base level hybrid not to have CC, the Touch 2 can be upgraded with the sat nav module (used for around £150-250)

Edit. It must be an icon spec car

It’s icon and if get one it’s about keeping costs down. Will be under 10k with 41k on seems reasonable for 15 plate. Needs a couple bits of paint sorting out. I think size suits my wife as not too big but big enough in back for our three for short journeys. 

24 minutes ago, mprcomp said:

We are looking at replacing my wife's Renault Zoe and seen a 15 plate Toyota Auris Hybrid. Seems to fit bill but sat nav isn't enabled even though advert said it was. So is it possible to replace it with an aftermarket unit that will still connect up to camera? If so which one are people using and how much do you pay?

Secondly I can't believe they don't come with Cruise control on them. I can see from online videos that you can get a stalk and install that. How can I tell if it's pre wired so don't have to pay a fortune to have it installed?

Thanks,

Paul 

it will be prewired , all you need is the stalk , 2 screws & the connecting cable and steering wheel cover for the stalk

or you can drill a hole in the cover to go around the stalk

here is a link for the switch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Cruise-Control-Stalk-Switch-8463234011-Yaris-Rav4-Landcruiser-Prius-Auris/262551655239?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D1b92b86fb9214fce8b6f9b1ad3b79abd%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D223524081399%26itm%3D262551655239%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

i have attached the install guide for the headunit that has physical dials to turn

for the gps antenna you dont need to remove the dash clocks , i mounted ours at the side of the head unit and it works fine

Auris_RHD_Touch_and_Go_Plus_PZ490_00331_B0_AIM_002_585_2.pdf

cruise control will take you far less than 30 minutes to complete the install

attached is the install guide for a lexus CT its the same for the auris.

the nav install may take an hour or so and it is really easy as its all plug and play

ct200h Cruise control installation.docx

Thanks this sounds promising may go test drive it today and go from there.

For the sat nav can any post a link of what parts I need to order to get it to work?

what head unit is in the car

is it the touch or the touch 2

the touch 2 has no buttons or dials as it is all touch screen

the touch will have buttons and dials

On 2/19/2020 at 8:48 AM, mprcomp said:

For the sat nav can any post a link of what parts I need to order to get it to work?

A 2015 Auris will have Touch 2 fitting guide & part numbers see HERE there is a choice of Go or Go + ( Go+ adds Voice control & 3D maps ) and were its shows * in the part number the latest version is G0

Hi, i have the nav unit but no cables. Did anyone know what cables i need? Thanks, Micheal

5 hours ago, Micheal said:

Hi, i have the nav unit but no cables. Did anyone know what cables i need? Thanks, Micheal

here is the page with part numbers from the link devon aygo provided

you will also need a gps aerial

touch2 cables.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much. Is there any way of getting the cables outside of Toyota?

i would try a breakers yard or maybe get back in touch with who you purchased the unit off

i dont think the cables are too expensive from the dealership

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have 2013 1.4d manual excel touring. Cruise was never an option or optional extra, does it work with same logic or does it need to be hybrid or auto to plug and play ?