Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1mzfe swap?

Bempa

Is there anyone that have done an 1mzfe swap in to an Avensis T22 MMC? 

I´m looking for info on how much of OEM parts can be used and how much that needs to be custom made. 

Toyota do have a habit of making very modular parts, so the more variuos OEM parts that is possible yo use the better. I.e driveshafts, engine mounts and such. 

I have the 1MZ-FE in my Estima...so it would certainly make the Anensis quite a beast.!..but your question is far too deep for my knowledge I'm afraid...but it never seems an easy job to do such a transplant.

The 1MZ-FE is mainly found in the Lexus RX300 here in the UK...and a few Estimas too.

Yes the idea is actually to use an RX300 as a donor car to have the engine from and gearbox from an Camry 2,2 to make it manual transmission

Good luck.!!..let us know if it ever happens.

Thank you, Yes I sure will, first i need to make a plan and collect as much info I possible can. 

Not really the same, but I saw Mighty Car Mods on YouTube and they recently put a Corolla engine into a Yaris. They had issues with an engine mount and the ECU,  I believe they had the original and and aftermarket one fitted. Maybe have a look at those videos to see the sort of issues you may have.

Yeah i did  see that one on MCM, what they really did was build a car similiar to the Yaris T-sport here in Europe. But as you say it´s not the same chassi or engine so no good there unfortunatley, but good tip anyway 🙂

I do know roughly what kind of problems to expect since it´s not my first engine swap, but i am a believer of OEM parts, and there is many hidden secrets in the Toyota parts engineering. 

For example if you want to put a 3sge in a Corolla you can use the Rav4 timing side engine mount to make it a "bolt in" solution, and use the supercharger driveshafts to make it fit both in  Corolla hubs and S54 gearbox. 

It´s that kind of secrets i´m looking for but specific for putting a 1mzfe in a Avensis, i know it´s a longshot because I came up emptyhanded when googling for it. 

But there is many engine swaps that have been done without showing it on internet so i thought i should ask if someone is sitting with some useful information out there 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links