Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traffic Camera alert

Rajat

Hello All, 

i have been having a strange problem on my 2016 Rav4 hybrid. I hope everyone is aware of the click (cork opening kinds) sound to alert of approaching traffic camera. I have been having problem of this alert starting off and then continuing the n a loop for 3-4 minutes before switching off or unless a next camera is being detected. I cannot figure out how to switch the camera alert off.

Is it a camera recognising that there is a speed camera somewhere ahead, or is it a point on a map that’s triggering it. I don’t know, hence the query.

Good point. I would think it would be a point on the map that is being recognised. I am hoping if this is the case there should be a place n the Nav system which allows me to switch off the camera detection. Haven’t been able to locate it yet.

Of course, if you switch off speed camera recognition then you will have no advanced warning and therefore ultra sure you don’t exceed the speed limit in force at any point on the road you travelling. Can you be sure of that? Or do like a challenge.

Well, I agree that I do want the system to be active but it is becoming a nuisance while driving and I do not have time to get it fixed yet. So till the time it goes back to the workshop, I will try to switch it off but need to figure out where is that option

It’s lovely having all this technology.  I had my Prius 18 months and I reckon there will be features I not even found yet.

Oh the RAV4 menu system can be frustrating, so many functions it isn't always easy to find the one you want. Despite having my RAV4 for over 2 years I still wonder where these settings are. Searching the online manual isn't always easy …. however

I believe that the function you want can be found under 'Setup' and then selecting 'Map'. Scroll down and the penultimate entry (unless the software has been changed) should be 'Show safety cameras' - you should then be able to turn them off.

Hope this works for you !

Peter

On 2/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, Rajat said:

Hello All, 

i have been having a strange problem on my 2016 Rav4 hybrid. I hope everyone is aware of the click (cork opening kinds) sound to alert of approaching traffic camera. I have been having problem of this alert starting off and then continuing the n a loop for 3-4 minutes before switching off or unless a next camera is being detected. I cannot figure out how to switch the camera alert off.

I assume you have a Software version = or lower than 6.7.0 ( to check press "setup" "general" scroll down to "system information") as this issue is reported in a Technical service bulletin ref BE-00101T-TME and fixed with a software update to a version greater than 6.7.0 the latest being 6.14.0

If you are still in warranty, contact your dealer and refer them to the bulletin above and they can update the maps/software under warranty if yuo are out of warranty then you would have to pay to update via MyToyota.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, Catlover said:

Of course, if you switch off speed camera recognition then you will have no advanced warning and therefore ultra sure you don’t exceed the speed limit in force at any point on the road you travelling. Can you be sure of that? Or do like a challenge.

You'd think that but I switched mine off and I still get some warnings. Strangely after turning off camera warnings I still get a warning east-bound entering Farthinghoe on the A422 but don't get one west-bound.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:22 PM, Peterd23 said:

Oh the RAV4 menu system can be frustrating, so many functions it isn't always easy to find the one you want. Despite having my RAV4 for over 2 years I still wonder where these settings are. Searching the online manual isn't always easy …. however

I believe that the function you want can be found under 'Setup' and then selecting 'Map'. Scroll down and the penultimate entry (unless the software has been changed) should be 'Show safety cameras' - you should then be able to turn them off.

Hope this works for you !

Peter

Thanks Peter for this. I was able to find it and have now un-ticked the option. Will report back later tonight if this works.

13 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

I assume you have a Software version = or lower than 6.7.0 ( to check press "setup" "general" scroll down to "system information") as this issue is reported in a Technical service bulletin ref BE-00101T-TME and fixed with a software update to a version greater than 6.7.0 the latest being 6.14.0

If you are still in warranty, contact your dealer and refer them to the bulletin above and they can update the maps/software under warranty if yuo are out of warranty then you would have to pay to update via MyToyota.

mine is still under warranty. So i will see whenever I go around to the dealers will have to mention this and get it sorted. Technically i am not too bothered unless it doesn't stop beeping even after disabling the traffic camera option as AndrueC seem to suggest.

Mine too had the same problem. The software upgrade fixed it as Devon Aygo said. It did pop up again in a later update but that was also fixed. If you have purchased map updates then you can do the update yourself and fix the issue.

Ok it does seem to have been disabled as there was no ping on my way back home. Utter bliss 🙂

Just wondering - what version software is your navigation on ?. If it is still on version 6.7 as mentioned above then this is as delivered (and how mine was when I bought it) which means the previous owner will not have applied any of the map updates that are available free of charge in the first three years since being registered. Unfortunately this won't be part of the 5 year warranty. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but if you bought this from a Toyota dealer and had known at the time it would have been worth pushing for them to update this - I did years ago on a Prius which was on the old dvd sat-nav and they gave me a full new set at purchase time. Just a thought.

My last update in April 2019, before the three years was up, took mine to version 6.13 and as others have said, previous updates did improve the software.

Peter

Yes it is 6.7 And i indeed bought it from a Toyota dealer (Steven Eagell) And since I did not join this forum before i am regretting as I am not sure if the dealers will upgrade the software for free.