Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

Hi all

After my Gen1 Auris was written-off (see link):

I have decided to replace it with a newer MK4 Yaris Hybrid Excel

My high expectation criteria's are, MUST HAVE/BE:

01. MK4 Yaris Hybrid (2017-)...so, there is road tax 😔

02. Sat Nav 🚦

03. Panoramic Roof 🌞

04. Convenience Pack (or is it Smart Pack) with folding electric wing mirrors 🍹

05. Right colour 🤔 

Preferables:

06. Part/leather

07. TSS (Toyota Safety Sense)

08. Design/Bi-Tone version (machined alloys!)

09. Low mileage!

10. From a dealership!

ll for a budget of £10k 💰 

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE ?!!!

That's why I am hoping with the POWER of this FORUM and its 100s of 1000s of members, that someone will find this Yaris on sale for me! :clapping: 

Will you help?

• Like 2

So what co!our/s?

05 Right.

Is that a new colour, not heard of it before.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Catlover said:

05 Right.

Is that a new colour, not heard of it before.

Hope u not stalking me 🙄

U seem to be everywhere on this forum 🤣

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So what co!our/s?

So far find BLACK not to my liking

Most colours seem ok, surprising WHITE does not suit the MK4 (but looks spot-on on the MK3) - so not decided yet ref colour 

I wanted to ask...

My Auris headlights are really REALLY poor 😳 

But upgrading them say to Nightbreakers and they blow pretty quick

So question:

01. How bad or good are the Yaris Hybrid MK4 headlights?

02. Are Excel Projector headlights any better?

03. What does it mean when the spec states "LED headlights" ? 

04. Does the Yaris come with xenon headlights ?

Never had a black car, and its still bottom of my picking list.  Looks fine when clean, but a few drops of rain spoils the effect.   Mostly I have had silver cars, they tend to hide road dirt very well. Current Prius is Hypersonic Red, which shows the car off extremely well IMO.  I have had white cars and they ok. Some nice colours in the Yaris range

We've had a metallic and a pearlescent black car (not Toyotas). Wouldn't have another black car as they seem to show every little nick and mark.

Have had a metallic dark grey (Mazda) and that was OK - in fact we've just ordered a new car in two-tone (metallic dark grey with pearlescent black mirrors, pillars and roof). 

• Like 1

You had me ticking all the boxes until you expressed a dislike for black (as is mine) and "All for a budget of 10k"! You are having a laugh? The current webuyanycar valuation on my March 2017 (NO Road Tax!) and mileage of 13573 is £12,000!! 😉 (oh, and btw, it ticks ALL the other boxes you mentioned apart from TSS which wasn't available then)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We've had a metallic and a pearlescent black car (not Toyotas). Wouldn't have another black car as they seem to show every little nick and mark.

Have had a metallic dark grey (Mazda) and that was OK - in fact we've just ordered a new car in two-tone (metallic dark grey with pearlescent black mirrors, pillars and roof). 

Got a pic of this 2-tone car (coz the Yaris also got a trim called bi-tone)?

13 minutes ago, CPN said:

You had me ticking all the boxes until you expressed a dislike for black (as is mine) and "All for a budget of 10k"! You are having a laugh? The current webuyanycar valuation on my March 2017 (NO Road Tax!) and mileage of 13573 is £12,000!! 😉 (oh, and btw, it ticks ALL the other boxes you mentioned apart from TSS which wasn't available then)

Hence MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 😅 

The cheapest MK4 icon tech I seen is £10,995 from a Toyota dealership with 54k on clock

So, not impossible for an excel as we edge closer to the new March plates and influx of trade-ins 🙏 

Personally, I think I may have to compromised and get a MK3 instead (my original intention) 🤔

10 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I was looking at the Cazoo web site Saturday evening, interesting offers they do.... like 7 day/250 mile trial, they collect if no likely.

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/used-cars/toyota/yaris/

Cool !

Only found one car with just a partial match on there 😞

Its still a Gen 3/MK3 yaris (2nd facelift), The New mk4 comes out later this year (2020)

tbh you looking near the £12k mark, be aware after late 2016 the tax rates changed and the is not road tax Free, some early 2017 cars on a 66 plate are tax free (15" alloys)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Its still a Gen 3/MK3 yaris (2nd facelift), The New mk4 comes out later this year (2020)

tbh you looking near the £12k mark, be aware after late 2016 the tax rates changed and the is not road tax Free, some early 2017 cars on a 66 plate are tax free (15" alloys)

U are right!

MK3 facelift it is! 👍 

Ref road tax, I thought tax rate only changed for cars registered from April 2017 🤔

23 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Hence MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 😅 

The cheapest MK4 icon tech I seen is £10,995 from a Toyota dealership with 54k on clock

So, not impossible for an excel as we edge closer to the new March plates and influx of trade-ins 🙏 

Personally, I think I may have to compromised and get a MK3 instead (my original intention) 🤔

2017 excel for 10k ain't happening even if we all want for u haha. Your are lucky to get a 2016, although I haven't checked. Yes same for me BM 2series 220d auto coupe 2016 for 10k 😉

2 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

2017 excel for 10k ain't happening even if we all want for u haha. Your are lucky to get a 2016, although I haven't checked. Yes same for me BM 2series 220d auto coupe 2016 for 10k 😉

Ye have little faith

There is always hope 🙏

Its also the congestion charge that changed, 2 identical hydrids one supplied with 15" wheels and the other  16" wheels - Mrs 16" alloys has to pay - Mr 15" alloys gets it for free

hybrids especially the yaris command a premium for some reason

i missed out on a rare excel what had ever option - its not often you see and excel let alone one with the pano roof

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

Its also the congestion charge that changed, 2 identical hydrids one supplied with 15" wheels and the other  16" wheels - Mrs 16" alloys has pay - Mr 15" alloys gets it for free

hybrids especally the yaris command a premium

i miss out on a rare excel what had ever option - its not often you see and excel let alone one with the pano roof

I know

But, I am willing to compromise when the time is up

Probably lose the roof + folding mirrors and stick with MK3 facelift Excel + SatNav :driving:

They CC had changed for 15" from April 2019, have to pay for London CC. 

Yes excel isn't readily available. 

21 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

They CC had changed for 15" from April 2019, have to pay for London CC. 

Yes excel isn't readily available. 

London is not a problem, as the last time I was there was over a decade ago 😅 

As for road tax, again not a problem £145 isn't it for the worst Yaris 🤔

£10k for an Excel does look like a tall order.  If you have £10k in your pocket and you walk into a showroom at the right time......maybe you strike lucky Wayne.

U are right!
MK3 facelift it is! [emoji106] 

Ref road tax, I thought tax rate only changed for cars registered from April 2017 [emoji848]
Correct. Mine was registered 8/3/2017 and is Road Tax free.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Catlover said:

£10k for an Excel does look like a tall order.  If you have £10k in your pocket and you walk into a showroom at the right time......maybe you strike lucky Wayne.

I do have a wad of lovely sweaty Great British pounds in my hand....but sadly cash is no longer king - every single Toyota I enquired about a car, the first thing they say is "do u need finance" 😔 

LUCKY is my middle name :clapping: