Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

7 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

I do have a wad of lovely sweaty Great British pounds in my hand....but sadly cash is no longer king - every single Toyota I enquired about a car, the first thing they say is "do u need finance" 😔 LUCKY is my middle name :clapping:

Ah yes, forgot, money to be made by arranging finance.

look hard enough and something will be there with your name on.

• Thanks 1

80c6f92227cfcf357509e27f3a9d5e6e.jpg

Colour is a matter of taste. When I searched for my Yaris Hybrid, I initially ruled out the plain white colour, because I found that this made the car look cheap - like a fleet car for a nursing service for elderly people. But then I got my 2016 Yaris Hybrid with black top, privacy glass (tinted rear windows) and pearl effect white - and it really looks like an expensive gem.

My car is a German model, and its trim level is called "Style Selection". On the picture you see 175R15 winter tires on silver alloy wheels. They were included in the deal. Actually, the car stands on 195R16 summer tires on silver and black alloy wheels which make the car look even better.

I do not know if the accessory packages are comparable between Germany and UK, but there is some package called "comfort" which contains electric windows in the rear doors, a cruise control, an arm rest at the drivers seat, keyless entry and a passenger seat which is adjustable in height (standard is only height adjustable drivers seat). I wanted as much space as possible in the front row, so I made this feature mandatory for me.

The car also has seat heating in the front, foldable mirrors, an auto-tinting rear mirror and some safety assistance systems - I do not know if they are included with every later Yaris Hybrid.

All Yaris Hybrid I saw had a pretty nice multimedia stereo set with rear view camera and handsfree bluetooth interface for your phone.

I am not entirely sure about the privacy glass, maybe this was an option which was ordered separately. First I was hesitant about this privacy glass, because I know cars with annoyingly dark windows, but this privacy glass works nicely - you can see through very well.

My car definitely came without two options which are not part of any package but have to be ordered separately: The satnav and a board for separating the trunk into two parts. The satnav is a module linked to the car stereo. So, right now the car stereo has a button for the satnav, but it does not work. The board creates a small compartment under the trunk, and it lifts the bottom of the trunk to one level with the rear seats when folded down. This is nice, however the trunk itself isn't very big, so I do not want to spend 125 Euro to buy such a thing.

Best regards from Bavaria
Frank

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing, Frank 😊 

Very nice looking car, and would love to have 2 set of winter/summer tyres myself!

I think your spec would be classed as the Yaris bi-tone (2 colour scheme with different colour pillars/roof) + certain packs which include folding mirrors/rear dim mirror etc

Only thing I am not aware of is heated seats (I know these are standard in the Auris Business edition), but not seen it in a Yaris yet

17 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

I do have a wad of lovely sweaty Great British pounds in my hand....but sadly cash is no longer king - every single Toyota I enquired about a car, the first thing they say is "do u need finance" 😔 

LUCKY is my middle name :clapping:

When I bought my Auris with cash I didn't get a penny off and the first thing I had to do was put fuel in it as went on the 7 mile test drive with the fuel light on! It had no mats or boot protector.

The other issue it took 3 hours to do all the paperwork. Arrived at 2 and left in the dark gone 5pm!

The dealer were pleasant and helpful.

Tried to get something thrown in but just offered £100 for the mats and protector. I declined as already spent 16k what with extra 2 year warranty and 3 year service plan and felt they were not getting any more of my money and so said I'll get them from eBay!

Bought non genuine mats for £11.99 and rear protector for £25. At £11.99 I can replace when needed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carsio-Tailored-Carpet-Toyota-onwards/dp/B07Q5ZB12V/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=1ZIU5TBG8Q8OR&keywords=auris+mats&qid=1582153212&sprefix=auris+mats%2Caps%2C696&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFLNjRDTTVYTzhIN1YmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2ODc1ODMzSVJVTlUzRTIyWVRGJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1OTExNzQzQkxFtheNTUw5UlgxJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I personally feel they make more money out of finance deals than cash buyers.

When I noticed the bonnet had 5mm of play they dealt with it no problem under the warranty and sent me a nice video of what they had done and safety inspection.

James.

• Like 3

Absolutely agree there James !

I remember going into Mitsubishi, test driven the car, happy with everything and ready to buy and EVEN show the dealer THE MONEY, I just needed him to give in with the £125 road tax - I walked out of the dealer (instead of driving out ) 😞 

Japanese dealers are efficient and very good at looking after you by the book (warranty, service, smile etc) - but I always struggled getting any perks outside that (discounts, freebies) ref a car sale 🙄

• Like 1

Ooooh,

0-60 7.6sec :driving:😅 

166mpg (in reality? 🤔 )

DSG 🙄 

Volkswagen Car-Net app (Google maps) 💰???

and no road tax! :clapping:

Screenshot_2020-02-20-06-37-01-13.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:
Thank you for sharing, Frank [emoji4] 
Very nice looking car, and would love to have 2 set of winter/summer tyres myself!

The winter tyres were not included from factory. I bought the car 2nd hand, and the dealer gave them to me as an incentive. Having a second set of wheels with winter tyres is quite common over here in Southern Germany - although there hasn't been any snow around this season yet.

Only thing I am not aware of is heated seats (I know these are standard in the Auris Business edition), but not seen it in a Yaris yet

Toyota has moved the switches for the seats. On one slightly older Yaris Hybrid (2013 or so) I saw two switches right on the center console, next to the shift stick. Then they moved them into a block of switches located under the hand brake (which is not so ergonomic, to put it mildly). Now they are located next to the switch for disabling ESP and for enabling the ECO mode.

So, if you do not know where to look, you may not find the switches for the electric heating;-)

As far as I know, the heated seats are used very much by members of the hypermiling tribe. In order to reduce fuel consumption after cold starts, they switch off the car heating system completely and rely on the heated seats instead...

Okay, not my cup of tea. When I want to have it uncomfortable, I take the bus;-)

Best regards from Bavaria
Frank

Hi Frank

I used to have 2 sets of wheels too 🙂

snow not important, as winter tyres are great for temp below 7 degrees 👍 

Winter tyres are mandatory in Europe aren't they during winter? 

Thanks for tip ref switches

The Auris has them on the console just in front of the gear stick

hypermiling tribe? 

• Like 1

Lol, so interesting here. Wayne, the German Yaris looks very good, and the Golf is tempting., maybe some research on how reliable is in general and the Battery pack is a good idea. I bet is not as reliable as Toyota but also this think will drive  better in many ways. Two sets of tyres especially on two different sets of wheels are good idea when you drive a lot, when you hit a pothole and screwed your tyre you can just put another one and keep driving until you get it sorted. 

Hi Tony

Toyota Yaris for piece of mind!

But, a nice set of wheels, the boyracer in me says GOOOOOLF! :driving:😅 

Deffo Yaris.....🤔

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Deffo Yaris.....🤔

Deffo Yaris.            ...... err  maybe!   😄

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Deffo Yaris.            ...... err  maybe!   😄

As I said ..."for now..."

"Until..." 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

hypermiling tribe? 

I have learned that "Hypermiling" is a driving style which is entirely focussed on reaching as many miles per tank or barrery fill as possible. When Hybrid and electric cars hit the market, they were advertised a lot by praising their low energy consumption. The community which sticks to Hypermiling tries every trick in order to squeeze more miles out of their tank. One trick often used with Toyota Hybrids is the "pulse and glide" driving: You accelerate quite rapidly until a certain speed then you let the car roll, while eliminating the regenerative braking with your accelerator pedal. As soon as the car has lowed down, you accelerate again. This saves you some fuel, lets your passengers want to vomit and drives the people behind you crazy;-)

5 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Ooooh,

0-60 7.6sec :driving:😅 

166mpg (in reality? 🤔 )

DSG 🙄 

Volkswagen Car-Net app (Google maps) 💰???

and no road tax! :clapping:

Screenshot_2020-02-20-06-37-01-13.png

Nah only plug-in hybrids can maybe get those mpg. 

I know someone who has a Yaris hybrid for sale, comes with HID and Dashcam for 10k, who want a quick sale as they want a bm 220d auto coupe 😉

3 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Nah only plug-in hybrids can maybe get those mpg. 

I know someone who has a Yaris hybrid for sale, comes with HID and dashcam for 10k, who want a quick sale as they want a bm 220d auto coupe 😉

But the GTE is a plug-in 🙄 

Did u say the Yaris comes with HID?

Isn't that NOT OEM and therefore dodgy? 😔 

Is your FRIENDS Yaris a MK3 facelift with TSS as standard, SatNav, pan-roof etc ?

16 minutes ago, Sampleman said:

I have learned that "Hypermiling" is a driving style which is entirely focussed on reaching as many miles per tank or barrery fill as possible. When Hybrid and electric cars hit the market, they were advertised a lot by praising their low energy consumption. The community which sticks to Hypermiling tries every trick in order to squeeze more miles out of their tank. One trick often used with Toyota Hybrids is the "pulse and glide" driving: You accelerate quite rapidly until a certain speed then you let the car roll, while eliminating the regenerative braking with your accelerator pedal. As soon as the car has lowed down, you accelerate again. This saves you some fuel, lets your passengers want to vomit and drives the people behind you crazy;-)

Ah, the HIGH MILErs CLUB 🙂

20 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

But the GTE is a plug-in 🙄 

Did u say the Yaris comes with HID?

Isn't that NOT OEM and therefore dodgy? 😔 

Is your FRIENDS Yaris a MK3 facelift with TSS as standard, SatNav, pan-roof etc ?

Then the plug in is very worthy of consideration if you have easy access to charging it. 

Who cares about dodgyness 🙂

Nah ain't happening for 10k. 

4 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

happening

5 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

ah ain't happening for 10k. 

£10k plus a mars bar?

No heated seats in the Yaris even on the Excel - i did a search on mine and is comes up with Excel Prem (premium) PP (protection Pack)

34 minutes ago, flash22 said:

No heated seats in the Yaris even on the Excel - i did a search on mine and is comes up with Excel Prem (premium) PP (protection Pack)

So what does the Prem + PP pack include?

Does anyone know what the pack called that has:

Folding mirrors

Keyless entry

Push start

Rain sensor

Dusk lights?

And what does auto high beam mean? 

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Auto high beam - part of Toyota Safety Sense. See - https://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-car-safety-through-convenience

Shame MOST of them are NOT standard nor an option on the new Yaris s 😞

Premium is all the bits you stated minus the Pano roof, but they do like to move the goal posts with the specs

Just now, flash22 said:

Premium is all the bits you stated minus the Pano roof, but they do like to move the goal posts with the specs

Ooooh 😍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links