Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

54 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Did you get an email back from Swansea to let you know it been taxed???   Thats if you gave them your email.

Yes I did

The selector in the yaris is a cable shifter once  you get the muscle reflex for it, it becomes second nature,

As in life don't force it, let it glide

23 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Yes I did

You're fine then. Took about 5 days for the Auris to show as taxed when I got that.

• Thanks 1

Well done Wayne, the car looks great inside out, and honestly that is as closest as you can get to your Auris, you even have leather on the seats. Next week coming a better weather, you can debadge it and not to worry if thieves drive past, all they look is for hybrids signs on the car if it’s a Toyota, btw most of them doesn’t know about Toyota styling within the different grades therefore no need to worry about front grill or any exterior garnish. Gear stick/joystick it’s not an issue as you can always hide it like I do sometimes. plus I ve changed my wheels from Toyota model that even never been offered on U.K. market and now my car is absolutely not recognisable even by Toyota garages.  

Regards 

1C818A7F-FB1E-491C-BB88-6B4B1777E0D5.jpeg

1A5251AF-5428-470C-A755-6321FE30E58C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, flash22 said:

The selector in the yaris is a cable shifter once  you get the muscle reflex for it, it becomes second nature,

As in life don't force it, let it glide

Thanks 😀 

I am beginning to get used to it 💪 

Though, either I am getting lazy or just getting old these days - else I be CLEANING and detailing the outside, inside and engine on this DRY Sunday outside right now! 😞 

No, special plans for now...just:

01. Taking to Toyota for its annual Hybrid Health Check (to ensure Battery is covered)

02. Not sure what to do with the SatNav map, I paid for an updated 2 years ago for the Auris, can I re-use the update code on my Yaris? 🤔

03. Love to detail that lovely HUGE panoramic roof with: Wash, declay, alcohol, then Angel-wax it) 😎 

04. Like to check if a full size spare will fit the bootwell? 🤔 

05. Filling her up with just Shell V-POWER for a few tanks just to clean her engine internals up (especially when Shell normal petrol has come down in my locality from £1.29 to £1.19 per litre) 👍 

06. You think swopping the 16" wheels to 15" will save more fuel? 🤔

Right, Tony - getting the dental floss out to debadge asap! 💪 

I still got some alcohol left to clean up where the Badge is....wonder if I got any bodywork wax left 🤔 

PS: Are those towels to hide the joy-stick from view?🤔

Just counted....got 3 HYBRID badges to remove 💪 

I'll do 'em when it's warmer....🙄

Am ready! 💪 

Hope those stuff still work after all these years collecting dust , wait where's my hair dryer ...🤔 

Looks a bit nippy out there though 🥶 

Better wait til next time....🙄

IMG20200315154428.jpg

This link states in general "larger tyres use more fuel", 

But, if travelling over 60mph constantly "larger tyres uses less fuels " 🤔 

https://www.performanceplustire.com/blog/do-larger-tires-get-better-gas-mileage/

Nice car, I like the pan roof, looks great. 

16" wheels are fine, no need to spend on 15, mpg isnt too much to be concern about. 😎

This is a good functional frugal car, yes definitely lacks power and whine too much for my liking. But it's a great car overall, what it's designed for, city driving and adequate occasional motorways.

Headlight output is a damp squid though. 

2 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

Nice car, I like the pan roof, looks great. 

16" wheels are fine, no need to spend on 15, mpg isnt too much to be concern about. 😎

This is a good functional frugal car, yes definitely lacks power and whine too much for my liking. But it's a great car overall, what it's designed for, city driving and adequate occasional motorways.

Headlight output is a damp squid though. 

Thanks 😊 

I know the Yaris hybrids of 2017 facelift have projector headlights (brighter than halogen  , but not as much as LED/Xenon) - does the mine have it? 🤔 

Just check my own pics, and YES they have it 🔆🔦🌞😎:toot:

Screenshot_2020-03-15-17-09-21-32.png

Projector looks nicer than reflector, but performs inadequately compare to the output of reflector. They are both halogen for the Yaris btw. Only about 50% light comes out of the projector. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

06. You think swooping the 16" wheels to 15" will save more fuel? 🤔

The government figures say yes - the Yaris Hybrid on 15" got congestion charge exemption, IIRC. Also 15" tyres are more comfortable that 16" for a given circumference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Projector looks nicer than reflector, but performs inadequately compare to the output of reflector. They are both halogen for the Yaris btw. Only about 50% light comes out of the projector. 

Eh 😱 

Ok, both Halogen, but you say worse than normal lights ? :jawdrop:

Why

Why

Why the put projector in the more expensive Yaris (Hybrid) then????😠

55 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

The government figures say yes - the Yaris Hybrid on 15" got congestion charge exemption, IIRC. Also 15" tyres are more comfortable that 16" for a given circumference.

Cool

I need to work out if worth it then...🤔 

If I remember right, 15" = 80mpg

16" = 76mpg

That’s right, smaller wheel size with more rubber bigger side walls on the tyres equals lees fuel and better comfort. Sacrifice performance, it depends, in my case almost no difference, in some cars yes could be very noticeable. Good check before attempting is my advise and go for wheels and tyres that are usually recommended by manufacturers even though in different trim levels as long as they are offered as oem in different trims they will suits you well in your trim. Roads in UK has worsen a lot in the last few years and low profile tyres and bigger wheels are not good at all. I also noticed a lot of late models from all car makes comes with standard sizes wheels and tyres, perhaps more people realise the benefits. 
Regards 

• Thanks 1

So, Wayne, you got confirmation from Swansea re road tax - carry that notice with you (or take photo on mobile)

Has you insurance company sent you a Certificate of Insurance (should have), if so carry it with you (or take a photo).

I always carry my mobile with me so I have photos of documents in case I get stopped, carry my actual driving licence with me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

That’s right, smaller wheel size with more rubber bigger side walls on the tyres equals lees fuel and better comfort. Sacrifice performance, it depends, in my case almost no difference, in some cars yes could be very noticeable. Good check before attempting is my advise and go for wheels and tyres that are usually recommended by manufacturers even though in different trim levels as long as they are offered as oem in different trims they will suits you well in your trim. Roads in UK has worsen a lot in the last few years and low profile tyres and bigger wheels are not good at all. I also noticed a lot of late models from all car makes comes with standard sizes wheels and tyres, perhaps more people realise the benefits. 
Regards 

Yes, I bought the car to save money/fuel - so will be driving like Miss Daisy, hence not bothered about performance (in fact, what performance?! :laughing:) - will look into it, and how cheap are genuine Toyota Yaris 15" alloys on eBay 

44 minutes ago, Catlover said:

So, Wayne, you got confirmation from Swansea re road tax - carry that notice with you (or take photo on mobile)

Has you insurance company sent you a Certificate of Insurance (should have), if so carry it with you (or take a photo).

I always carry my mobile with me so I have photos of documents in case I get stopped, carry my actual driving licence with me.

Nice one! :clapping:

Have both on my phone :robot:

Just saw a WHOLE glass roof parked outside 😍 

Now, how come Toyota only cover only like 80% of the roof (Auris pic)? :huh:

IMG_20200315_184413.jpg

IMG_20200315_184352.jpg

As regards the panoramic sunroof, one thing to check is whether the replacement glass section of your insurance policy covers the sunroof. Although most do nowadays, some may still not.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Well done Wayne, the car looks great inside out, and honestly that is as closest as you can get to your Auris, you even have leather on the seats. Next week coming a better weather, you can debadge it and not to worry if thieves drive past, all they look is for hybrids signs on the car if it’s a Toyota, btw most of them doesn’t know about Toyota styling within the different grades therefore no need to worry about front grill or any exterior garnish. Gear stick/joystick it’s not an issue as you can always hide it like I do sometimes. plus I ve changed my wheels from Toyota model that even never been offered on U.K. market and now my car is absolutely not recognisable even by Toyota garages.  

Regards 

1C818A7F-FB1E-491C-BB88-6B4B1777E0D5.jpeg

1A5251AF-5428-470C-A755-6321FE30E58C.jpeg

Looks nice in white Tony, and looked after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

Cool

I need to work out if worth it then...🤔 

If I remember right, 15" = 80mpg

16" = 76mpg

According to HonestJohn, both 15" and 16" (I think, but what I used as a benchmark was the 5mpg difference between the 2 comparisons: since 15"=80.7 and 16"=76): Now according to REALMPG there is no difference, with both coming at : 57.6mpg 🤔 

If, we based on the official figures of 80.7 and 76mpg, over a typical year of 10,000 miles, I would say a grand total of: £50 approx :band: 

So, probably not worth it unless:

01. When it comes to changing all 4 tyres, AND

02. There is a cheap set of 15" alloys for £50 :innocent:

Screenshot_2020-03-15-19-41-50-77.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links