Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

2 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

.... not bothered about performance (in fact, what performance?! :laughing:

My 2013 Yaris Hybrid with panaroof went like a rocket to 30 mph. Figures are 0-32mph in 4 seconds, which will see off most vehicles during a traffic light GP. In the damp, the wheels would spin from zero and when the petrol engine came on power.

5 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

My 2013 Yaris Hybrid with panaroof went like a rocket to 30 mph. Figures are 0-32mph in 4 seconds, which will see off most vehicles during a traffic light GP. In the damp, the wheels would spin from zero and when the petrol engine came on power.

Ok, I give u that (coz I do it all the time myself, when faster cars who expect my car is a pushover pulls up next to me at traffic lights) :driving:

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

So, probably not worth it unless:

01. When it comes to changing all 4 tyres, AND

02. There is a cheap set of 15" alloys for £50 :innocent:

03. The ride is deemed harsh - my take on it when I bought a set of 15" Yaris alloys off eBay.

3 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

03. The ride is deemed harsh - my take on it when I bought a set of 15" Yaris alloys off ebay.

Eh?

15" harsher than 16" ??? :jawdrop:

This is the 2020 Toyota Corolla 1.8 Hybrid with LED headlights that direct more on road than to dazzle oncoming drivers (see pic):

Thing is, the lights are good, focussed, but because it focussed immediately in front of you, on unlit roads the cat-lights are not so obvious (as opposed to headlights that dazzle oncoming drivers ) :kicking:

Will have to compare to my 2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid PROJECTOR headlights tomorrow morning (if I can get out there before it gets any lighter in the morning) :tooth:

IMG20200304054440.jpg

FREE "all season" used Michelin CrossClimate 17" Tyre:

01. Free on here before I advertise to the wider forum (can't be bother selling it), else on Gumtree etc

02. Manufactured 31st week of 2015 🤔

03. Bought summer 2018

04. Approx 16,000 miles usage

05. 225/45R17 - because back then CrossClimate did not come with 215/45R17

06. See pics for more details/tread

Background, only tyre left that had good tread when I replaced all my tyres with newer CrossClimate+ a year ago

If no interest, will advertise to wider forum, if still no interest, will go on Gumtree maybe for a tenner... 

PM me for exact location (West Yorkshire) :driving:

Thanks

Screenshot_2020-03-16-09-16-13-66.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-09-16-07-77.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-09-15-45-33.png

Can't understand :frusty::wallbash:

Before uploading pics always display them in ORDER or upload, 

But, last few days, they display pics randomly (and not in order of upload)??? :bangin:

12 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

15" harsher than 16" ???

I should have said more clearly that I bought 15" alloys because 16" was too harsh for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

I should have said more clearly that I bought 15" alloys because 16" was too harsh for me.

Ah, that sounds more like it 👍

USB socket: What the fish 🐠    is it going in/under/hard to slot in back of corner of tight space of glove compartment????:giljotiini:

(The NEW Yaris has it right there in front/above of gear stick 👍)

And what is this SLOTTED thing in the bottom right of glove compartment??? :help:

Screenshot_2020-03-16-10-43-43-83.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-10-43-19-58.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-10-43-49-45.png

32 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

And what is this SLOTTED thing in the bottom right of glove compartment??? 

Our generation of Yaris had a coolable glovebox. Flip the flap open and cool air flows in (maybe hot for winter?) - there is the air duct behind the flap when glovebox closed. I guess newer Yaris could retrofit the glovebox to get the same affect.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mike J. said:

Our generation of Yaris had a coolable glovebox. Flip the flap open and cool air flows in (maybe hot for winter?) - there is the air duct behind the flap when glovebox closed. I guess newer Yaris could retrofit the glovebox to get the same affect.

Cool, thanks 🍹 

Is that like my Skoda, where the AIR CON or HOT ventilation us piped to the glove box so we get to have chilled can beers? :pepsi: 

Or is the air just the OUTSIDE air (cold in winter, warm in summer)??? :g:

4 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Or is the air just the OUTSIDE air (cold in winter, warm in summer)??? :g:

From the manual:

Air from the air conditioning system can be distributed into the glove box by opening and closing the vent.

The air is conditioned the same as the air for the passenger side vent.

Perishable items should not be put in the box.

Thanks again :thumbup: 

I will have to take out the frozen chicken and ice cream that is in the glove compartment then :toast:

On 3/15/2020 at 12:41 PM, Wayne2015 said:

Agree with Konrad! :thumbup1: 

The Yaris just gets better and better :driving: 

Hope you get the Corolla as a courtesy car next time, Konrad - you will love it even more 😍 (just beware, it is LOWER and more CRAMP - just Toyota seems to be aiming away from their traditional more matured customers 🤔)!

I sat in the Corolla TS a year ago. One of the first in the showroom. The rear seat seems higher, so you have to duck your head entering/ exiting the car, and looking out the window. My Avensis Tourer rear seat is lower. The rear load area area comparable. 

5 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

I sat in the Corolla TS a year ago. One of the first in the showroom. The rear seat seems higher, so you have to duck your head entering/ exiting the car, and looking out the window. My Avensis Tourer rear seat is lower. The rear load area area comparable. 

You need to drive it too! :driving:

Had a nose around the Yaris again...

01. It does not have keyless entry :unsure: 

02. User Manual cannot find any reference to an Alarm :w00t: just double-lock and immobiliser - doesn't all modern cars have an alarm???

03. No TPMS (tyre) too :sad: 

Does that sound right for the 2013 T-Spirit ?

My last four new Toyotas didn't have an alarm as standard - 2006 Corolla, 2009 & 2012 Auris and 2016 Aygo - just the standard TVSS immobiliser. 

TPMS didn't become a legal requirement on all new cars within the EU until 1st November 2014.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

My last four new Toyotas didn't have an alarm as standard - 2006 Corolla, 2009 & 2012 Auris and 2016 Aygo - just the standard TVSS immobiliser. 

TPMS didn't become a legal requirement on all new cars within the EU until 1st November 2014.

Oh

TPMS I understand, more of a luxury option

But, really surprised about the alarm

I supposed better in a way when either too many false alarms or you can't see your car from home to see if it's your car's alarm...:taz:

This "owners manual storage" looks really useful as a SAFE for valuable stuff :batman: need to check it out later...

IMG_20200316_154550.jpg

On 3/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, snowBALLs said:

Did yours come with heated mirrors?

Will have to check mine...:smoke:

IMG_20200316_163531.jpg

No alarm, it should have keyless as it has the premium pack but A. the fob Battery is flat/low (key light on the dash should be green) or B. its turned off (customization menu on the touch)

it should have tpms but it wasn't a requirement until 2014 - if it has in there should be a reset switch on the lower dash (right under the dash near the brake pedal)

16" alloys have a smaller side wall that can make the ride very harsh, the 15" are narrower with a larger side wall what allows a bit more give and a lower rolling resistance

Alarm wise you can get a Thatcham cat 2-1 plip alarm (uses the oem fob) from £250 fitted (Cobra is the dealer fit oem)

De-badging - a plastic card/squeegee and a stripe removal wheel aka caramel wheel makes short work of it without the elbow grease

Bloody 'ell, Flash - you like s walking encyclopedia! :thumbsup: :notworthy:

Thanks!

Ref Keyless: According to manual, there should be a sensor behind the door handle - I couldn't feel any + door stayed locked - will have another look

Ref TPMS: Will look for the button - but don't recall any :g:

Ref Alarm, happy without one 😁 

De-badging scheduled for this weekend :sport: