Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

41 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Just a note re your profile - its a Mk3 pre facelift .....

Thanks Frosty!

I find it difficult to navigate to how to change my profile pic / amend profile 😞 

I cannot find how to amend my profile again 😞

Plus, I changed the profile pic , but it's not been updated (it's just shows a big W in a box now) 😞

Done a quick fix.

• Thanks 1

Nice wash 🧽, done the same, but less polishing more disinfecting inside out. A lots of paint cheeped badly, horrible big holes 🕳 in the paint work everywhere, I would have been still crying if it was a new car. Next project is to get all those paint damages done, perhaps next month. 

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Done a quick fix.

But that's not my profile pic 😅 

The gearstick is (see attached) - can you fix again?...

Screenshot_2020-03-21-16-54-33-59.png

3 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Nice wash 🧽, done the same, but less polishing more disinfecting inside out. A lots of paint cheeped badly, horrible big holes 🕳 in the paint work everywhere, I would have been still crying if it was a new car. Next project is to get all those paint damages done, perhaps next month. 

Thanks Tony 👍 

Yup, a dirty car hides all blemishes - after my wash, WOW - even more scratches, dents and blemishes not noticed before :shocking:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

But that's not my profile pic 😅 

The gearstick is (see attached) - can you fix again?...

Screenshot_2020-03-21-16-54-33-59.png

Profile pic changed! :yahoo:

Thanks Frosty! :thumbsup:

It's like when you buy a new car, suddenly you see everyone has the same car!

You have a new phone, and suddenly everyone has the same phone!

So, I bought a DEEP AQUA Blue Yaris...and suddenly everything else is same colour! :yes: 

1. My Deep Aqua

2. My mobile!

3. My jumper!

4. Even my sofa cushion! :laughing:

IMG_20200321_192239.jpg

IMG_20200321_110240.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-21-15-18-54-85.png

IMG_20200321_110215.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok

I remember my 2012 Toyota Auris Hybrid had tinted rear windows, which was in fact a TINTED FILM to save money, I was told

But, checked today, my 2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid has REAL tinted rear GLASS :thumbup1:

How come? Toyota got too much money in 2013? :surprise:

IMG20200321140834.jpg

Quite a few manufacturers use film for privacy glass.

10 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Quite a few manufacturers use film for privacy glass.

Cheers Frosty

But, just curious why Toyota use Film in my 2012 Auris, but tinted glass in my 2013 Yaris :g:

2 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

But, just curious why Toyota use Film in my 2012 Auris, but tinted glass in my 2013 Yaris :g:

Don't know - but they also used film on the second generation Auris.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Don't know - but they also used film on the second generation Auris.

Interesting, both Auris's :g:

Wonder if the Auris replacement (Corolla) use film too 🤔

Just looking at Yaris Hybrid reviews..

And noticed the 2017 models has the:

01. USB socket on the centre dash in front of gear stick 

02. Traction control off button

Unlike mine 2013 model :sadwalk:

Screenshot_2020-03-22-10-21-47-68.png

Screenshot_2020-03-22-10-21-54-06.png

2014 on models also have them features - they also suffer with the same scratches in the glovebox lid 😉

• Like 1

Just out of interest what did u pay the car if hasn't mentioned already, can pm me if u want. Heated mirrors on top trim or none?

I didn't debadged the hybrid tags on mine as don't think they steal the Yaris cat. Also hassle when it's time to sale it having to stick it back on. 

5 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Just out of interest what did u pay the car if hasn't mentioned already, can pm me if u want. Heated mirrors on top trim or none?

I didn't debadged the hybrid tags on mine as don't think they steal the Yaris cat. Also hassle when it's time to sale it having to stick it back on. 

You know what, I always get you and FrostyBalls mixed up :laughing::laughing: 

I paid £8k for it

Still not sure if it has heated mirrors - but I don't see it listed anywhere for a Yaris T-Spirit :g: 

Just beware, my FoI (in the Prius section) did revealed 67 Yaris's were targetted for the 'cat' in just ONE police force.

My dealer also mentioned one Yaris had it stolen

And as Tony mentioned, you never know, the Hybrid Battery may be targetted next (as in the states)

I am NEVER going to sell my Yaris unless it dies/cost too much to fix - will keep it of SORN it or pass to my kids :driving: 

Then do really hold their prices the Toyota Hybrids :clapping: 

...apart from the Auris / Prius :1eye:

• Like 1

That's a decent price with pan roof. 

Maybe that cat thief were just determine once got under to get the Yaris. It's alright then that u are not going to sell it on. 

Have a look at the mirror control panel by the dash, see if it has a small button resembles the heated symbol. 

Yeah the Yaris hybrid do hold their value very well. I have the icon trim, although I do want to trade in for the top trim like yours, but it holds value. Trade in always take a hit, as well just changed new tyres all corners, so will keep for a while longer. 

Hi guys, 

no one should worry about removing the badges, there are many cars that comes from factories without badges, no future buyers will be put off that for sure. I always like cars that hasn’t state what exactly under bonnet or specs, it’s not 80s-90s when turbo cars had a massive turbo Badge or ABS , even though soon any Toyotas will be hybrids, but when thieves are looking the Badge hybrid means - check it out, where No Badge means drive past or drive away , that’s the whole point, plus for many road users hybrid means slow moving vehicle 😊🤫🇬🇧

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

That's a decent price with pan roof. 

Maybe that cat thief were just determine once got under to get the Yaris. It's alright then that u are not going to sell it on. 

Have a look at the mirror control panel by the dash, see if it has a small button resembles the heated symbol. 

Yeah the Yaris hybrid do hold their value very well. I have the icon trim, although I do want to trade in for the top trim like yours, but it holds value. Trade in always take a hit, as well just changed new tyres all corners, so will keep for a while longer. 

Cool

It was about £1k above what I wanted to pay (compared with what was on the market) - but that Panoramic Roof was sooooo hard to find included, I just had to have the car :laughing: (even if meant sacrificing the colour and folding mirrors) 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowBALLs said:

Nope! 😞

Are you sure the heated mirrors don't heat when the heated rear window is turned on, which is the case with most cars?

The heated mirrors come on with the rear defrost the button on the mirror control switch is for folding the mirrors, RTM p. 375

 The outside rear view mirror defoggers (if equipped)

Turning the rear window defogger on will turn the outside rear view mirror
defoggers on.

10 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Are you sure the heated mirrors don't heat when the heated rear window is turned on, which is the case with most cars?

No idea!

Only had the car for a week

Driven it THREE times - no cold enough mornings yet 🤔